• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Best movies you stumbled upon?

pstall

timing played a role in this: hot fuzz

count of monte cristo 2002

what i got right now, much more just cannt remember.

one that burned a hole in my brain was a magnum pi episode , where a chinese man haunts down a priceless vase. He has tatoos in his palms and a master of deathly skills. beats the poo out of pi. just awesome. If they would turn that into a movie, 500 mill easy, bank it!

I like more obscure movies, and you probably couldn't get more obscure than this one.

Maybe it's because I can't walk any longer, but I found their gymnatic movements so fluid!

THE GYMNAST:

When an injury ends her career as a gymnast, Jane (Dreya Weber) falls back into lackluster job and a passionless marriage. That is, until she begins work on an aerial act with another beautiful gymnast (Addie Yungmee) and feels the stirrings of unexpected love. But can the women's act and relationship survive their powerful newfound attraction?

Well, I didn't stumble across this movie while flipping through channels, but rather searching for certain genres of movies that were rated high, just ones that I hadn't heard of. Anways, Oldboy:

oldboyposter.jpg

It's a Korean flick so you have to read subtitles, but it's worth it

Edmond (2005), William H. Macy

Dark film. Stumbled across it late night one weekend a couple of years ago after watching too much bright, shiny, happy, processed brain food tv during the week. It's basically about how a 9-5 clockpuncher's life descends into utter chaos in the space of one night, caused by a chain of unlikely events. Definitely got the laff trak taste out of my mouth.

Last week I got a movie from Netflix. All the top movies I'm waiting for are on wait, so instead of getting a movie I have already seen , I got "Inkheart" And it was very good, I thought....for a Brendan Fraser movie.

A voiceover tells us that storytellers have always existed, but there are the rare few who are "Silvertongues" who can bring characters to life. Often, they don't know they possess the gift.

Mortimer Folchart (Brendan Fraser) is sitting with his wife, Resa (Sienna Guillory). They are trying to calm their baby girl down for bed, so Mo picks a book to read: Little Red Riding Hood. As he is reading aloud, things shake and move slightly (only noticed by Mo), and a red riding hood falls into the back yard onto their clothesline.

Twelve years later, Mo and his daughter, Meggie (Eliza Hope Bennet), are on their way to another old bookshop (as always, because Meggie expresses the wish to go to modern bookshops where they can have hot coco, etc.) in Germany. But Mo loves old books. Meggie says that maybe he will find the old book he is always looking for. Apparently, he always scours every corner of old bookshops looking for a very specific old book that he has never been able to find. Mo heads into an old shop while Meggie waits outside in the street looking at other books.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0494238/synopsis

Archived