• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Remake

Matt Foley

I second that. I kept hearing how great that movie was supposed to be so I watched it a couple of years ago. It was all I could do to just stay awake.

A lot of people say that. The Directors Cut helps, but it's designed to be looked at. Even the death of Pris, the culmination of the chase, was in slow motion to make sure that you had time to reflect on exactly what was happening, and the survival instinct of the Replicant.

The movie is all about time and our perception of it, the meaning of mortality and the desire to live beyond it. Also, Syd Mead did an amazing job designing the sets and props and that helps you believe in the environment despite all the constant rain and limited visibility - when the Spinner takes you up above the rain and pollution and you see the beautiful pyramids and the sunset, it's a pretty awe inspiring sight.

I remember being a little disappointed at the movie when it first came out, but after a few years and seeing a lot more movies, I realized what they were trying to do and started appreciating it a lot more.

As far as what I would not mind seeing redone:

Logans Run

Battle Beyond the Stars (but keep it cheesy)

Silent Running

I agree with all 3, and I can't believe someone else actually knows about silent running, I love that movie.

Agree on these.

Id like to see an updated Flash Gordon even though I loved the original.

20,000 Leagues Under The Sea could have promise.

Total Recall needs to be redone.

Logan's Run

Dark City

McG who did Charlies Angels and some other films was THIS close to doing this.

LOVE Logans Run.

Archived