• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Remake

Matt Foley

I'd remake the last three first. Imagine what you could do.

they basically already 'remade' them in 2004 for the special edition dvds. updated the effects without changing any story. that was ideal for the originals.

the prequels should just be totally fixed.

Meh. Star Wars has played out, methinks. We need a new space franchise. Star Trek has promise since they rebooted the storyline with the time travel plot in the first one, and the cast looks solid. But both have reached or are close to reaching the saturation point, IMHO.

This might be the one area where the snob in me really shows.

No to Blade Runner for what mmm and scrum said. But also, at times, the lack of tech makes a film compensate elsewhere.

Example. Jaws. The shark scenes were to be shot early on, but due to some mechanical issues it wasn't ready. So that made Spielberg have to show a little at a time, thus, our anticipation grew all the more.

I remember when the Godzilla 95 came out. After a few mins watching my thought was, the CGI is TOO good. It just took away from the schlockyness that made Godzilla films work.

Star Wars is too close to home on alot of levels. I would have the same emotions when my mom and dad divorced and them like other people.

It just wouldn't be right, even though YEARS later I accepted it.

I agree with Pantho 100k%. That movie in it's smallish way is just flat out perfect.

But to what meat is asking.

Star Crash. The first one was cheesy but worked. Be good to see an update.

I would like any Harryhausen type film to be updated but keep the stop animation effect. Not sure how you can pull it off but would be great.

Robinson Crusoe on Mars. A futuristic take on a classic novel(Forbidden Planet was Tempest in space basically).

Be cool to see what they could do with RCOM.

Outland would be cool too.

This might be the one area where the snob in me really shows.

No to Blade Runner for what mmm and scrum said. But also, at times, the lack of tech makes a film compensate elsewhere.

Example. Jaws. The shark scenes were to be shot early on, but due to some mechanical issues it wasn't ready. So that made Spielberg have to show a little at a time, thus, our anticipation grew all the more.

I remember when the Godzilla 95 came out. After a few mins watching my thought was, the CGI is TOO good. It just took away from the schlockyness that made Godzilla films work.

Star Wars is too close to home on alot of levels. I would have the same emotions when my mom and dad divorced and them like other people.

It just wouldn't be right, even though YEARS later I accepted it.

I agree with Pantho 100k%. That movie in it's smallish way is just flat out perfect.

But to what meat is asking.

Star Crash. The first one was cheesy but worked. Be good to see an update.

I would like any Harryhausen type film to be updated but keep the stop animation effect. Not sure how you can pull it off but would be great.

Robinson Crusoe on Mars. A futuristic take on a classic novel(Forbidden Planet was Tempest in space basically).

Be cool to see what they could do with RCOM.

Outland would be cool too.

Jaws....Alien....there's a lot to that.

Thinking that Blade Runner needs new effects is insane. They are beautiful and fit the movie perfectly.

Star Wars....yeah that's all we need, someone else messing with it.

What are they gonna do with Total Recall, cram in a chick with four boobs this time?

The best science fiction uses the eye candy as window dressing, not as a reason to see it. See: Last years Moon. Avatar was a great movie, but not a great "sci-fi" movie. More like a fantasy, really.

As far as what I would not mind seeing redone:

Logans Run

Battle Beyond the Stars (but keep it cheesy)

Silent Running

Archived