• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Remake

Matt Foley

I never saw it, and I have no desire to unless they update it. The effects would be laughable now. And Sean Young is batschitt crazy. Get a new hottie in that role.

you really should watch it. the effects have nothing to do with it. it's a noir film. not a space shooter. And seriously, who are you gonna get who'll do it better than Ridley Scott?

Blade Runner, the last director's cut, was as gritty and dirty of a film as you'll see. Loved it. It wasn't laser guns and spaceships, it was about clones and what it means to be human.

Hmmm. I thought they were androids. Sounds like it was a movie way ahead of its time and would be relevant today.

I would bet you anything some scientist somewhere has secretly cloned himself as we speak.

Androids, clones, "replicants"...same absolute value difference. The idea is the same.

So basically it's a story about humans treating "lesser beings" like crap, isn't it? And you as the audience realize the lesser beings are more human than the humans. Kind of like that South African movie this year.

Archived