• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Blended or Sinlge Malt?

the butch

A serious question amongst us scotch drinkers. Personally, I think it's what you like. I can note the differences in a single malt and a blend, but that doesn't make one lesser than the other, does it? I drink Johnnie Black and Dalwhinnie on the reg.

As far as bourbon: Blantons, all the way!

What say ye?

2v2y4k9.jpg

blends get a bad rep, but johnnie walker blends some of the rarest and tastiest in the world. Everything above black contains nothing but single malts, I believe.

I love JW Gold. Wish it was cheaper.

Do they carry JW Gold at Frugal MacDoogal?

My absolute favorite scotch, far superior to anything else I've had, is a blend - Usquaebach. It's incredibly difficult to find now - out of production for a while, new distillery owners, now back in new form, long story. If you can find an old flagon anywhere, buy it. You will not regret it. (Also worth noting that I will buy a bottle of this off anyone who can find it. I've talked to multiple distributors in Georgia and no one can get their hands on any.)

UsquaebachCrock.jpg

Other than that, which is a rare treat, I drink Clynelish and Macallan regularly, both single malts (duh). But as SCP said, I'll never turn down a tall Dewars and water. In fact, I'm thinkin I'll have one of those around 6:00 this evening thank you very much.

Archived