• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

LCD Monitors

Seamonk

I'm trying to find a pretty decent LCD Monitor with at least DVI and VGA (so i can hook up my xbox to it and have it on my desk). I'm looking around the 22" to 24" range but don't really wanna pay so much as to around 300 ish. The contrast ratio has to be decent, but resolution matters a little more. I kind of want at least 1920x1200 resolution, but those are really hard to find. I've found several Samsungs (I'm a samsung lcd fanboy, eye candy + pretty good) with 2 out of the 3, but none with all of them.

Anyone know any Acers, Hanns-Gs, and other brands that are pretty good and also pretty badass? It'd be nice to find one that's cheap and pretty good for a while. :biggrin:

I'm trying to find a pretty decent LCD Monitor with at least DVI and VGA (so i can hook up my xbox to it and have it on my desk). I'm looking around the 22" to 24" range but don't really wanna pay so much as to around 300 ish. The contrast ratio has to be decent, but resolution matters a little more. I kind of want at least 1920x1200 resolution, but those are really hard to find. I've found several Samsungs (I'm a samsung lcd fanboy, eye candy + pretty good) with 2 out of the 3, but none with all of them.

Anyone know any Acers, Hanns-Gs, and other brands that are pretty good and also pretty badass? It'd be nice to find one that's cheap and pretty good for a while. :biggrin:

I got a nice 19'' Dell of Ebay.

It's great.

I respectfully say you would be stupid to not use newegg, try and find the one you want and go to town, you definatley want a 24" so you can have full 1080p video

sign up for the newegg newsletter, maybe wait for some christmas deals, when i built my computer i got 40 dollars off an Acer 19" widescreen, it's very good quality

newegg is easily the best Online electronic vendor out there, nobody even comes remotely close

at that size you could also look into an HDMI port for blu ray or gaming

heres a bunch i just threw together in like 5 secs, don't go by these look on the site yourself there are alot of options

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Productcompare.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2010190020%201309821328%201233314219&bop=And&CompareItemList=N82E16824009125%2CN82E16824001280%2CN82E16824001275%2CN82E16824009152%2CN82E16824001294

EDIT: I'm pretty wasted from a full days studying, i didn't realize you said you actually use all of the newegg stuff

I respectfully say you would be stupid to not use newegg, try and find the one you want and go to town, you definatley want a 24" so you can have full 1080p video

sign up for the newegg newsletter, maybe wait for some christmas deals, when i built my computer i got 40 dollars off an Acer 19" widescreen, it's very good quality

newegg is easily the best Online electronic vendor out there, nobody even comes remotely close

at that size you could also look into an HDMI port for blu ray or gaming

heres a bunch i just threw together in like 5 secs, don't go by these look on the site yourself there are alot of options

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Productcompare.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2010190020%201309821328%201233314219&bop=And&CompareItemList=N82E16824009125%2CN82E16824001280%2CN82E16824001275%2CN82E16824009152%2CN82E16824001294

EDIT: I'm pretty wasted from a full days studying, i didn't realize you said you actually use all of the newegg stuff

I've been monitoring newegg, crutchfields, tigerdirect, ecost, woot.com all for the last couple days hoping for a deal, I sort of want one before christmas. I'm betting on the holiday deals that I can get one pretty cheap, all while contemplating budget upgrading my pc.

Archived