• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

FUNK YEAH!!! Latest on the Deadpool Movie

Captroop

'Deadpool' Movie To Be Scripted By The 'Zombieland' Writers

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2010/01/06/deadpool-movie-to-be-scripted-by-the-zombieland-writers/

OK, now I'm excited. I think they totally shat the bed with X-Men Origins: Wolverine, and after they completely desacrated Deadpool, my optomism for the Deadpool spinoff was totally shot.

However, this announcement has gotten me back on board 100%. I fuggin' loved Zombieland, and I can't wait to see what they do with Deadpool. (Hopefully they give him his suit and lines of dialogue rather than the red pajama bottoms he had on in Wolverine) I think that they couldn't have picked a better writing team for this movie; Deadpool should be a black comedy, and they certainly have that pedigree.

Best of all, they are keeping it true to the comic book roots. So I hope they reboot and do away with Cyclops McSwordy-Arms.

But wait, there's more! They've also signed on for the Venom movie! I care less about them, and more that there is gonna be a Venom Movie!

And if you act right now...G.I. Joe 2 might suck less, because the Zombieland team has signed on for that film as well.

*Multiple Nerdgasms* Get me a towel!

I have a man-crush on Ryan Reynolds, and I want to see him play my favorite comic book character of all time. Especially since he is such a standard bearer for Deadpool. Fug Green Lantern though.

And I've always imagined Captain America with more of a Linebacker build, Reynolds is a wide receiver.

you really think they are going to let ryan reynolds star in a 60 mill+ marvel comics film and have him wear a mask/be scarred up the whole movie?

That and there is absolutely no way that they can get away with the sadism that dominated the comic, nor would it be funny on screen. not trying to burst your bubble, i'm just saying, Xmen wasn't dark enough, you think they'll make deadpool dark enough?

That's up to two people, or groups of people. The directors, and the writers. They got the writers to make this dark, the rest will be up to the director.

And as for the makeup, mask, scarification, I think (or would like to think) that Reynolds would insist on it. I've been following this for a while, and Reynolds has really been championing this picture, and keeping it true to the comics, for months. He might push for the makeup.

You may have a point with the sadism, but that will depend on the audience they go after. Marvel isn't afraid to make a bloody, R-rated super-hero movie (see Punisher)

That's up to two people, or groups of people. The directors, and the writers. They got the writers to make this dark, the rest will be up to the director.

And as for the makeup, mask, scarification, I think (or would like to think) that Reynolds would insist on it. I've been following this for a while, and Reynolds has really been championing this picture, and keeping it true to the comics, for months. He might push for the makeup.

You may have a point with the sadism, but that will depend on the audience they go after. Marvel isn't afraid to make a bloody, R-rated super-hero movie (see Punisher)

and Marvel is now owned by........

it's gonna be a while, cause the actor is about to film Green Lantern first.

if you ask me he should've skipped both of those movies and tried for Captain America. he has the physique and is a decent enough actor.

Oh crap you are right. I totally forgot he landed GL. DC is finally listening to the fans and are going to make some serious dinero.

It's actually only up to one group of people. The producers. Everybody else is working for the weekend. And if Punisher's returns were any indication, marvel (disney) SHOULD be afraid of making a bloody, R-rated super-hero movie. Imo Reynolds is pushing this because he gets to headline a marvel franchise. Who wouldn't want that? The reality is that he makes his money in a large part on his looks, he isn't going to compromise that. This isn't Raging Bull. Maybe I'll be surprised though. I hope so.

haha ever since I saw Waiting Ive had one too. Blade Trinity kinda sucked by you can hardly blame him, or jessica biel....mmmmm jessica biel....

Waiting was Reynolds best film IMHO.

Anyone remember him as the little punk kid on an early nineties Nickelodeon show called "Fifteen"?

Archived