• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

5.7 Quake Hits Venezeula, Near Caracas

JakeFlake

i stayed in caracas for about a week in '97. stayed at the hilton there, i think. first night there a car blew up on the street in front of the hotel. nothing like that happened the rest of the time that i know about.

when i flew into venezuela it was late at night and i took a bus into town. i was amazed at all the lights on the hills surrounding the city. i thought it was beautiful, like they had decorated it all. i woke up the next morning and all i could see surrounding the city on the hills was shanties....millions of them surrounding the place. those people were literally living one on top of another. i can't imagine that an earth quake there would go without tens of thousands of deaths.

well I gave all my money to Haiti so I have no more to give.....they'll have to make do with what they got....

when Hugo came through my town I didn't see MRE's, helicopters, free water, or other poo come through to my aid. They'll get 'er dun somehow.

Archived