• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Layne Staley was badass...

Darth Biscuit

brings back a lot of memories. my brother and i used to cover a few of their songs. the harmonies were always fun to do but there was no duplicating their unique sound.

they had some dark stuff but i always loved it. it's a shame he let his addiction take him over like that. reading back at things he said leading up to that time, he knew where that road was taking him and there wasn't anything he could do to stop it.

he wasnt so bad ass sitting in a coffee shop by himself all day junked out...

but, i did like his music...despite it being depressing as hell.

Well I wasn't talking about that part of his life, I was referring to his music. He had such an interesting quality to his voice, I love the way he sang. I guess if you sit down and really listen to the lyrics, they could be depressing, but I like the darkness of them... makes the music that much better IMO.

• 1 month later...

BS. He was drunk.

No one wears a scarf here in August if they're sober. Great show, though. Now that SG and AIC are getting back together and touring, I can tick those two bands off my must see list.

If you're talking about Soundgarden, do yourself a favor and don't.

I saw them at Independence Arena back in 94, hands down the worst major label show I have ever witnessed in my life. It ruined my appreciation of them.

Type O Negative at the Sound Factory would be a close 2nd.

• 4 months later...

Archived