• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

D will's contract in 2011

cheynehowell

he will want to be here and the panthers can afford him. same with stewart. as long as both of them are able to be successful here they will have a long life in the league. they go somewhere else where they will have 70+% of the load and they will be in the league for another 5 years.

best opportunity for them is here. neither guy is greedy. they make each other better. they know that. they will stay and the panthers will work to keep them around.

he will want to be here and the panthers can afford him. same with stewart. as long as both of them are able to be successful here they will have a long life in the league. they go somewhere else where they will have 70+% of the load and they will be in the league for another 5 years.

best opportunity for them is here. neither guy is greedy. they make each other better. they know that. they will stay and the panthers will work to keep them around.

Most optomistic comment I think I have ever read...I dig it!

You think that???

I think any RB wants to carry the load.He wants the ball in his hands and having another RB with a 1000 yards may not not be the best for Williams himself.It would be best for the panthers to keep both of them but its unlikely we keep both long term.

Honestly, if Williams had the carries that Johnson had, and didn't get injured, I think he could have just as easily broken the 2000 yard mark. However, Williams and Stewart seem to like what we have going right now. Both seem like very "team-first" guys. I know it's unrealistic to think that they would take pay cuts just to stay here, but I think this organization will try as hard as it can to keep them both here.

You think that???

I think any RB wants to carry the load.He wants the ball in his hands and having another RB with a 1000 yards may not not be the best for Williams himself.It would be best for the panthers to keep both of them but its unlikely we keep both long term.

no YOU think that?

explain then how Williams would take himself out of the game to get Stewart carries, and how he cheered him on when he was going for 1000 yards in the Giants game..these two players are different personas then you might be used to in a RB..sure if makes fantasy football hell to play with them on your team but they have great team chemistry..

You think that???

absolutely. how could it not be the best for him? that is mileage that he doesn't have to have. that makes for a longer lifespan in the league. how could that not be a good thing?

for many players, i could see this being a big deal but for williams and stewart...i just don't see that as the case. i don't see either one having all that big of an ego. could i be wrong about that? oh yeah but i'm willing to believe that for these two guys we really have an unselfish couple of incredible talents who like working together and realize the long term benefit of being able to split time.

the truth is that there are very few RBs in the league anymore who are carrying 70% of the load. that isn't because there isn't many who can carry the load, it's because teams want to have that load split.

no YOU think that?

explain then how Williams would take himself out of the game to get Stewart carries, and how he cheered him on when he was going for 1000 yards in the Giants game..these two players are different personas then you might be used to in a RB..sure if makes fantasy football hell to play with them on your team but they have great team chemistry..

Williams wanted history..to be a 1000 yard duo.What I said was common sense.I dont think both will be here long term.

absolutely. how could it not be the best for him? that is mileage that he doesn't have to have. that makes for a longer lifespan in the league. how could that not be a good thing?

for many players, i could see this being a big deal but for williams and stewart...i just don't see that as the case. i don't see either one having all that big of an ego. could i be wrong about that? oh yeah but i'm willing to believe that for these two guys we really have an unselfish couple of incredible talents who like working together and realize the long term benefit of being able to split time.

the truth is that there are very few RBs in the league anymore who are carrying 70% of the load. that isn't because there isn't many who can carry the load, it's because teams want to have that load split.

Because williams is a competitor.He wants the ball in his hands and having another guy with a 1000 yards as his backup will take away from him

I don't think Stewart wants to be 2nd fiddle for the next 3-5 years. He has clearly stated his goal is to be the best RB of all time. At some point, I think he is going to want the load for a couple years......and based on what we have seen from him he will probably deserve that chance somewhere. In a duo getting 40% of the reps.....it will limit what a guy can achieive.

Because williams is a competitor.He wants the ball in his hands and having another guy with a 1000 yards as his backup will take away from him

which is why he wants to be in the best situation to get the only thing that matters...that ring. being in this situation with stewart is the best way to get that.

if he didn't want to share the load why would he take himself out of games like he does?

keep on having that cynical view of them. i feel pretty cynical about a lot of things but this is one area that i don't think there is any validity to it.

williams and stewart aren't your typical athletes with $$ in their eyes.

which is why he wants to be in the best situation to get the only thing that matters...that ring. being in this situation with stewart is the best way to get that.

if he didn't want to share the load why would he take himself out of games like he does?

keep on having that cynical view of them. i feel pretty cynical about a lot of things but this is one area that i don't think there is any validity to it.

williams and stewart aren't your typical athletes with $$ in their eyes.

Both want to be great RB.and being on the same team will take away from each other I think they know that and will want to move.like I said Williams wanted to be apart of history of 1100 yard duo.The ball is in the panthers FO court of the one we will keep long term.But I just dont think we will keep both long term when both want to be the best and win.

Would it not be cool if those two got together and said to each other;

"you know man, we have a chance to make records that the NFL has never seen as a RB tandem, we can win Super Bowls together and Pro Bowls together, + we will make both our careers last a lot longer. Lets do this!"

I hope thats the case, because its like having an Emmit Smith who never needs to come off the field.

Archived