• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young Isn't the Problem

NAS

I was really impressed in his drive towards the end of the game.  It was already over and I have no idea if he was reading things differently, if play calling was different or what but he had some much longer passes working down the field.

I thought, where has this been.  It was really nice and Bryce had great zip on the ball.  The first thing I thought was I wonder if Frank allowed Brown to calls plays since the game was pretty much over.

No way to really know but I loved those throws.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

Like the ones super athlete AR has been taking? Despite all of his negatives I will say that Young has shown to be pretty damn tough.  I'll give him that. 

It’s a “for now” thing. I feel like Young shouldn’t run from his size. He’s not thick. He needs to get the ball out and avoid hits as much as possible. The more you get hit the more at risk you are for injuries. And we can’t afford to have him miss time like AR when we are trying to evaluate him. 

1 minute ago, Loyalty4Life said:

I was really impressed in his drive towards the end of the game.  It was already over and I have no idea if he was reading things differently, if play calling was different or what but he had some much longer passes working down the field.

I thought, where has this been.  It was really nice and Bryce had great zip on the ball.  The first thing I thought was I wonder if Frank allowed Brown to calls plays since the game was pretty much over.

It was garbage time with prevent defense... 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Varking said:

It’s a “for now” thing. I feel like Young shouldn’t run from his size. He’s not thick. He needs to get the ball out and avoid hits as much as possible. The more you get hit the more at risk you are for injuries. And we can’t afford to have him miss time like AR when we are trying to evaluate him. 

Oh he doesn’t need to take many hits, but he has taken some big ones and jumped right up from them. He is a tough little guy. 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Remind me what the narratives were after drafting bryce from the fans and organization. 

These the same fans that get all upset when national talking heads have Carolina ranked at the bottom of pre-season power rankings? Those fans who claim that "duh mediuh" is against us? 

I can't think of one time that the talking heads have gotten Carolina's power rankings wrong. Just because fans drink blue Cheerwine every off-season doesn't make them a reliable source of narratives.

We were ranked at the bottom of the power rankings (again). Maybe we should pay attention from now on.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I agree that Bryce isn't the problem. Neither is Reich or Fitterer or the roster. The problem is on the owner suite. Those other people are part of the problem but ultimately David Tepper is THE problem.

Yep. You can try to eliminate symptoms one by one, but if the main thing causing the symptoms doesn't go away, you will continue to be sick.

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Knaakedup said:

It was garbage time with prevent defense... 

This keeps being a weird take, because if he did nothing during that time, the criticism would be "he can't even do anything during garbage time" or if Reich just ran draw plays it'd be "they don't even trust him during garbage time."

Yes, it was garbage time, but if it helps establish rapport and some kid of rhythm with receivers during in-game action on the road, that's productive.

• Pie 3

9 minutes ago, BrisbanePanther said:

This keeps being a weird take, because if he did nothing during that time, the criticism would be "he can't even do anything during garbage time" or if Reich just ran draw plays it'd be "they don't even trust him during garbage time."

Yes, it was garbage time, but if it helps establish rapport and some kid of rhythm with receivers during in-game action on the road, that's productive.

But it's not. Giving him credit as being impressed with his rhythm during garbage time is more of a weird take. It's trash time stat padding, that doesn't dictate or show anything, the game is over at that point and the other side is just going through the motions. 

He never sees that type of defense when the game matters and has yet to show he can handle it. 

• Flames 2

27 minutes ago, Loyalty4Life said:

Yes, his arm seemed noticeably livelier when he wasn't running for his life.  Go figure

• Pie 1