• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brock Purdy and Bryce Young

tukafan21

2 hours ago, raleigh-panther said:

Watching the 49ers is enough to make me sick 

this franchise just can’t have nice things 

They have just been a smarter franchise overall, no matter what they have done.

Let's see, they make Shanahan coach--and don't fire him when they have rocky seasons.

They put John Lynch in the front office--who I believe didn't have much or any experience when they did so.

Oh, and they traded a ton to draft Lance...and you wouldn't even know it.

How good are they? McDaniel, Ryans, and Slowik come from their system. Not bad.

FWIW, the other SF franchises--Warriors and Giants--are overall in good shape too. They're just smarter out there when it comes to sports. 

All of Charlotte's teams have been owned and run by people who can make a bunch of money from an asset, but can't make that asset work. 

2 hours ago, SCO96 said:

Shanahan is a master play caller and play designer. That TD to FB was the 2nd time that play has been called tonight. Both times he was wide open in the flat on the play-action pass. Why don’t we have something like this in our playbook?

2 hours ago, countryboi said:

Young would kill in Shanahan's system, but this post doesn't make sense. 

Yeah that’s why Garoppolo and Lance were clearly just tits.  Not saying Shanahan isn’t top tier coaching but stop stripping Purdy of his due credit just because you need to make excuses for Bryce.  Purdy got two other higher pedigree guys shipped outta town fast, full stop.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

35 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

Purdy would look terrible on this team

Who else would look bad?  Mahommes?  Allen?  Hurts?

Do you just categorically think anyone except Dalton vs Seattle would look bad?

Just curious why you decided to state Purdy specifically would look bad.

40 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Andy looked good 2 weeks ago 

20 minutes ago, Newtcase said:

We got blown out and Dalton put up some garbage time numbers while having nearly 60 attempts 

Nothing about Purdy says he would do good on a bad team 

• Poo 1

5 hours ago, Newtcase said:

He's similar to Bryce IMO in that he needs to be in the perfect system with top tier surrounding talent. What he's shown that Bryce hasn't so far is elite anticipation and ball placement. But put him in this system with this surrounding talent and he probably looks about like Bryce. Put Bryce in SF and he probably looks about like Purdy. What chaps my ass is that when you're looking at a prospect who has to be brilliant between the ears to make up for what he lacks physically, that's a late round draft pick because everything is going to have to fit together perfectly to make this work. 

8 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Similar arm strength but the big difference is that Purdy has absolutely elite anticipation and ball placement where so far Bryce has looked pretty average in those categories too. I didn't expect that. I really expected Bryce to be the type of QB who could throw guys open with anticipation and ball placement while hitting them in stride to allow for maximum YAC. That just hasn't been the case as of yet.

Purdy can’t complete any throws that aren’t wide open windows. He has an embarrassment of riches around him. This is the same system that once made Jimmy G the highest paid player in NFL history. We won’t find out how good Purdy is until he gets off that contract and the talent around him shrinks. 

1 minute ago, AceBoogie said:

Purdy can’t complete any throws that aren’t wide open windows. He has an embarrassment of riches around him. This is the same system that once made Jimmy G the highest paid player in NFL history. We won’t find out how good Purdy is until he gets off that contract and the talent around him shrinks. 

You're not watching and that's causing you to completely embarrass yourself. 

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

You're not watching and that's causing you to completely embarrass yourself. 

I gamble bro. Trust me I’m watching everything. Pull up one of those charts again. Brock is throwing to wide open targets and beautifully designed screens. Kudos to him for executing, but you could plug a lot of guys into that offense. Clean pockets, dynamic playmakers, offensive genius calling plays. He’s playing a different position out there. 

5 hours ago, Newtcase said:

Josh Allen would have to run a lot more on this team and would find some success. Same with Jalen. You’d probably see a lot more read option stuff with those guys. 

Pat wouldn’t let Frank call the shitty ass plays. Would probably just take over the offense 

2 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

I gamble bro. Trust me I’m watching everything. Pull up one of those charts again. Brock is throwing to wide open targets and beautifully designed screens. Kudos to him for executing, but you could plug a lot of guys into that offense. Clean pockets, dynamic playmakers, offensive genius calling plays. He’s playing a different position out there. 

Watch the game last night and honestly try to argue that all Purdy did was throw to wide open targets.

Yeah, their scheme is way better than ours. Yeah, their weapons are way better than ours. But Purdy made at least 10 high level throws with elite anticipation and ball placement. The type of throws that Bryce has been just a hair late on or the ball has been just off enough on to allow the defender to make a play. Not bad throws, just not quite good enough.