• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I am scared to see the heating bill for this past month.

Hotsauce

I am the luckiest SOB. I live in a condo in Atlanta with a large brick wall and huge window with no insulation between my living room and the outside. It has been below freezing in Atlanta for almost two weeks now. In complete honesty, I have not turned on my heat the entire winter. Not once. My place stays between 70 and 72. I can't explain it. Every explanation I can think of (neighbor's heat through floors or walls, building's heat through poorly-sealed front door, etc.) makes no sense. But yeah, I actually had to open the window the other day because I was hot. I would love for someone to explain this to me. Seriously haven't turned on the heat once. I know how it feels though. I had a $450 bill one time in Greensboro.

I have an apartment with 2 others. Their rooms keep warm mines gets like 10 degrees colder than the rest of the apartment. We don't put on the heat often but I've been using a ceramic heater to heat my room at night. Can't wait for the power bill.

Maybe if they improved the grid it wouldn't cost so much. Keeping your home warm should never be a monetary issue.

Archived