• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Conan is aboslutely hammering NBC

Saint J

The only people who find Leno funny are old people and glue eaters. I don't know how many times this can be said, his ratings are taking a hit because someone at 10 every night is turning viewers away from NBC. Can't remember that show. But even with that poison pill, Conan still wins in the most important demo, the 25-49, which will grow if given a chance. Remember, it took Leno almost 2 years to get past Letterman in the ratings. But let's not let facts bog down this.

Husker, I think his contract said the show had to begin before midnight, so it's basically the same stipulation.

Jay Leno = Brett Favre

Neither wants to retire and there will always be some sycophant exec who will do whatever he wants. Jay is the kind of guy that can't slow down performing or retire. He just hasn't realized his comedy is getting really dated, really fast. And the fact that his show tanked the rest of NBC's lineup and gets promoted for it, yeah that's completely asinine. It says something about how you are acting when your competition (Kimmel, Letterman, and Lopez) are all speaking out against you and publicly supporting Conan.

Yeah, it says that Leno had by far the best ratings of late night. Letterman is stoking the feud because he wants Leno to look like the bad guy and gain angry viewers.

I like Conan's humor better than Jay's, but he needs to realize that it's better suited for a later audience. Leno is mainstream. More people want to watch him interview the latest hottie than see Conan's awkward interviews. And the stuff that makes Conan funny (Pimpbot, Masturbating Bear) can't be used right after the news.

Yeah, it says that Leno had by far the best ratings of late night. Letterman is stoking the feud because he wants Leno to look like the bad guy and gain angry viewers.

I like Conan's humor better than Jay's, but he needs to realize that it's better suited for a later audience. Leno is mainstream. More people want to watch him interview the latest hottie than see Conan's awkward interviews. And the stuff that makes Conan funny (Pimpbot, Masturbating Bear) can't be used right after the news.

i love conan but you make a good point

Leno's audience grew up with him after he stole the Tonight Show in the first place. He's like your mom's casserole, it's always there and not too flashy. It's a safe pick. He just hasn't pushed comedy boundaries in years. Actually, I'm pretty sure he's regressed. He used to do many more skits but all he does now is Headlines and Jaywalking. Conan at least tries to push the limits (with what he can given his time slots). I have a lot of respect for Jay. Let's face it, he's just a Vegas lounge comedian who made it well past what his talent was capable of in the first place (which says a lot to his tenacity, and the uberbitch that is his agent). The guy he's bumping out was a writer for the Simpsons and SNL when both were socially and comedically relevant, not to mention the head writer for the Harvard National Lampoon. One is a less talented Don Rickles, the other is a comedic descendant of Monty Python, Letterman, and Carson. If given the two year chance that Leno had, Conan would "destroy" as Seinfeld said (who is btw Leno's biggest supporter and friend in the comedy biz). Late night isn't like episodic TV that just starts, which usually go on a episode by episode basis, all of these contracts are multiyear guaranteed ones.

And the stuff that makes Conan funny (Pimpbot, Masturbating Bear) can't be used right after the news.

That's the stuff that makes him perfect for Fox! At any time of the day!

I still say the solution is to swap them and let Conan try the 10pm slot, or if not Conan just Triumph.

Archived