• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anybody seen "The Road"....

SorthNarolina

Tell me what's good about it, because what I've heard is that it's basically a story without hope. Stephen King ranked it third among his top 10 movies of the year...and said he could hear the projectionist sobbing behind him.

Hmmm...I guess it depends on your interpretation of it. But it's by no means a "happy" ending.

EDIT: Of course, I've heard the movie is even more hopeless than the book.

Tell me what's good about it, because what I've heard is that it's basically a story without hope. Stephen King ranked it third among his top 10 movies of the year...and said he could hear the projectionist sobbing behind him.

it's not without hope, it simply happens in a world so bleak that one's perspective on hope changes. Everything else aside, it's about a man's relationship with his son.

I didn't see the movie though. I loved the book, but it's very dark.

it's not without hope, it simply happens in a world so bleak that one's perspective on hope changes. Everything else aside, it's about a man's relationship with his son.

I didn't see the movie though. I loved the book, but it's very dark.

the movie doesn't add some of the most brutal imagery of the book but it's still pretty true to the story.

It's kind of uplifting due to the strong bond the son and father have. That never goes away and the story ends on a high note, but it's one high note in a whole symphony of lows notes. Really anytime I see a good movie I feel good no matter what it's about just because it's a good movie.

I read about two pages of that book and put it down

Will read it in about 10 years

Not sure what caused the whole apocolyptic situation in the movie, but

from what I could tell from the trailer, there will be no need to read it in ten years. We will probably be living it.

Archived