• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Haiti

Matt Foley

Heard on the radio you can donate to the Red Cross using your cell phone. Text "Haiti" to 90999 and your phone bill gets charged $10. So if you're looking for at least a convienient way to help, there ya go.

if that's true that's way too convinient not to do. Hopefully that motivates the lazy people.

Don't make sarcastic remarks about stuff you don't know about. You know we will easily be the leading nation in humanitarian aide from the pubic and private sector. That kind of comment isn't called for, it doesn't make any sense.

Notice the quote was about immediate aide, it takes a while to put together multimillion dollar packages. It's our tax dollars so obviously it's going to have a bunch of red tape to cut through.

It's especially ironic that you mentioned carrier groups because we pretty much have sent a carrier task force to any major disaster for humnitarian aide since the invention of the aircraft carrier.

I'm happy we are helping.

Not sure what you are angry about

I'm happy we are helping.

Not sure what you are angry about

I'm not angry I'm just making it quite clear that your sarcasm was not warranted. We're doing exactly what you mentioned(aircraft carriers) and we have done that many times for decades. We are always one of the leading nations in public/private humanitarian aide. I don't see where you found the inspiration for your sarcasm.

Red Cross estimates death toll around 50,000 which pales in comparison to the earthquake in Pakistan a few years ago and the tsuamni.

Obviously will go down as a major natural disaster but looking at history since 1900, it probably will not crack the top 20 of the worst of the worst.

http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2008/05/08/f-natural-disasters-history.html

Still, I'm glad to see major help being delivered from all across the globe.

Red Cross estimates death toll around 50,000 which pales in comparison to the earthquake in Pakistan a few years ago and the tsuamni.

Obviously will go down as a major natural disaster but looking at history since 1900, it probably will not crack the top 20 of the worst of the worst.

my wife went to pakistan at that time to help...o well who cares about dirty muslim terrorists

I'm not angry I'm just making it quite clear that your sarcasm was not warranted. We're doing exactly what you mentioned(aircraft carriers) and we have done that many times for decades. We are always one of the leading nations in public/private humanitarian aide. I don't see where you found the inspiration for your sarcasm.

I wasn't being sarcastic

Good and bad. Good that the death toll isn't 1/2M like the ambassador said.

Bad if it takes any emphasis away from help.

Heard on the radio you can donate to the Red Cross using your cell phone. Text "Haiti" to 90999 and your phone bill gets charged $10. So if you're looking for at least a convienient way to help, there ya go.

If you have someone you really don't like, borrow their cell phone and shoot about 100 of these texts.

Archived