• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Haiti

Matt Foley

Obviously the haitian situation is worse than kids without jackets..my point is if Americans want to help foreign countries in crisis,there are plenty of Organizations they can donate to...I feel that before we try to save the world, we should take care of our own first...the shelters were over flowing and folks were freezing under bridges...HERE.

If the Government wants to throw money at those in need, they should throw it here in the good ole US of A...

Obviously the haitian situation is worse than kids without jackets..my point is if Americans want to help foreign countries in crisis,there are plenty of Organizations they can donate to...I feel that before we try to save the world, we should take care of our own first...the shelters were over flowing and folks were freezing under bridges...HERE.

If the Government wants to throw money at those in need, they should throw it here in the good ole US of A...

I disagree with this.

We throw tons of money at the needy. At some point you have to cut that off as you will never feed and shelter all 300M in this country. at some point you get severely diminishing returns in trying to help everyone.

Helping Haiti right now is relatively cheap. Just getting some water over there may save a bunch of lives.

And i wonder how many of those folks have a support system but aren't using it.

Does the kid without a coat have an Xbox?

If you think the budget we have for our own people is not enough that is one thing. But arguing that any dollar that goes elsewhere should be used here because you can find examples of the needy doesn't fly.

PS 700B for war. just saying

I disagree with this.

We throw tons of money at the needy. At some point you have to cut that off as you will never feed and shelter all 300M in this country. at some point you get severely diminishing returns in trying to help everyone.

Helping Haiti right now is relatively cheap. Just getting some water over there may save a bunch of lives.

And i wonder how many of those folks have a support system but aren't using it.

Does the kid without a coat have an Xbox?

If you think the budget we have for our own people is not enough that is one thing. But arguing that any dollar that goes elsewhere should be used here because you can find examples of the needy doesn't fly.

PS 700B for war. just saying

You think all we are gonna do is send water? just wait til the $$ amount comes out...as far as the war, we have to fight them over there so we dont have to fight them here...let me ask you a serious question...do you love America?

Archived