• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Haiti

Matt Foley

Nope,it seems they didnt..one child was sent to school wrapped in a blanket..I find that as sad as Haiti.

U find a kid having to wear a blanket to school every once and a while more sad than what's happened in Haiti? With all the death and destruction?

Am I misunderstanding you?

Nope,it seems they didnt..one child was sent to school wrapped in a blanket..I find that as sad as Haiti.

So nobody could give the kid a lift in a heated car or bus, so he could spend a grand total of 30 seconds outside in the "freezing cold".....my Chicago living ass laughs out loud.

Seriously dude.

The people of Port-au-Prince are in a Dante-esque hell, not mildly uncomfortable until the jet stream bubbles back up.

Per me si va ne la città dolente,

per me si va ne l'etterno dolore,

per me si va tra la perduta gente.

Giustizia mosse il mio alto fattore:

fecemi la divina podestate,

la somma sapienza e 'l primo amore.

Dinanzi a me non fuor cose create

se non etterne, e io etterno duro.

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'entrate

Per me si va ne la città dolente,

per me si va ne l'etterno dolore,

per me si va tra la perduta gente.

Giustizia mosse il mio alto fattore:

fecemi la divina podestate,

la somma sapienza e 'l primo amore.

Dinanzi a me non fuor cose create

se non etterne, e io etterno duro.

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'entrate

Evidently Mr. Scrum's an educated man.

Now I really hate him.

Just got the following AP alert on my iPhone:

"Leading Haitian senator: Deaths may reach 500,000 based on destruction, but no firm figures."

I hadn't heard any estimates even close to this figure before now. Let's hope this guy doesn't reall know what he's talking about b/c that's more than 5% of Haiti's population.

Millions not Billions.

We are talking basic human needs here. While I feel bad for kids in Florida without coats most of them have shelter and water and are not on the verge of dying.

Not to change the subject , but are you sure about that? somebody is dying in Florida...

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local-beat/Miamis-First-Cold-Weather-Death-Confirmed-81248747.html

A 77-year-old man died of hypothermia Tuesday in what could be considered the first death in Miami that could be attributed to the record cold weather that has lingered in the city.

Wilfredo Arreyes died at Jackson Memorial Hospital and his roommate Miguel Alemon, 93, is still in critical condition after the two spent days in the frigid cold weather with no heat or covers in their apartment on Northwest 10th Avenue and Northwest 2nd Street in Little Havana.

We have facilities and infrastructure to help these dumbass clowns.

The Haitians have like nothing.

The two situations are not even remotely comparable and the fact that anybody is even trying is maybe the reason why tigers eat their young.

The two situations are not even remotely comparable and the fact that anybody is even trying is maybe the reason why tigers eat their young.

Is that why family services checked on the Woods household last month?

Oh, I know we will help and so will alot of the World, but we can do both.

Archived