• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ghost stories

Matt Foley

Got lots in Asheville; the hotel where I work has one called the pink lady: por lo visto, a woman in a pink dressed jumped from her room balcony and killed herself on the inside courtyard. That, and my high school was built on an Indian burial ground...take from that what you will.

We got a stretch of road here that some say is haunted. I've heard stories of people going there then being car-jacked.

One high school is supposedly haunted. Apparently a kid hanged himself, and he shows up on certain nights.

A couple buildings that are supposedly haunted.

All of these I am too big of a puss to go to, so I can't say that they aren't haunted.

The beach house my friends and I stay at in Colonial Beach is haunted. It's this really cool old house that was owned by my friends grandparents. The rafters are made out of the stage Taft made his inauguration speech on.

The first night we were there, our iPod dock started playing Beethoven at 3:30 in the morning. Beethoven was her grandmother's favorite composer; and no one has Beethoven on their iPod.

The second night I was attacked by bugs in bed to the point where I had to drench my sheets in Deet. Seriously, the next day it looked like I had chicken pox. No one else in the house was affected, including my buddy James, who was in the other bed 3 feet away from me.

The third night, the phone in the master bedroom rang. It's a non-functioning antique phone that is purely for decoration. It doesn't even have a cord capable of plugging into a modern phone jack.

On the fourth day I got a parking ticket. Accursed, I Say!

But it's not all bad, I met my girlfriend staying at the beach house.

No, no, no. I didn't mean to give that impression. She is a spiritual medium. Five days out of the month she is possessed by an evil spirit. She gets these bizarre bouts of stigmata when that happens.

I tolerate it because a she accepts my daemonic possessions. A few nights a week I am possessed by an Incubus.

Archived