• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Spider man Scrapped

scpanther22

They where all bad IMO

Mike Fleming and Nikki Finke have just confirmed that Sony Pictures decided today to reboot the Spider-Man franchise after franchise director Sam Raimi pulled out of Spider-Man 4 because he felt he couldn't make its summer release date and keep the film's creative integrity

http://www.deadline.com/hollywood/urgent-spider-man-4-scrapped-as-is-raimi-and-cast-out-franchise-reboot-planned/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitterne.com

Way to soon for a reboot. Best thing to do is shelve it for a while, then reboot it. It just seems cheap to remake a movie that's only 9 years old. Come on, at least give me a decade. How about instead of another Spiderman sequel, they put a little effort into the Deadpool movie so it doesn't end up like XMO:Wolverine.

I would like to see a darker more dramatic version of Spider Man like how they turned Batman into what it is now from the Comic booky cartoony feel the other ones used to be (except maybe the very first.)

I hope so too.I know for the fantastic 4 reboot they want a darker movie but IDK about that.

Way to soon for a reboot. Best thing to do is shelve it for a while, then reboot it. It just seems cheap to remake a movie that's only 9 years old. Come on, at least give me a decade. How about instead of another Spiderman sequel, they put a little effort into the Deadpool movie so it doesn't end up like XMO:Wolverine.

It's not really the same. Spider-Man rights are owned by Sony I believe, even though Marvel is involved Sony is the main guy. It wasn't until after the spider-man movies that Marvel started doing movies them selfs (Iron Man and Hulk).

And yes the spider-man movies sucked. You can't really make spider-man super dark anyway, but it could have been better and had better acting (Toby is horrible).

I would like to see a darker more dramatic version of Spider Man like how they turned Batman into what it is now from the Comic booky cartoony feel the other ones used to be (except maybe the very first.)

Not sure Spidey's character would fit into that

It's not going to be a complete reboot like Batman or Hulk, but more of a shift in direction and style.

Columbia Pictures originally signed on to make 6 spider man movies. I remember after the first one came out that the big rumor was they would likely end up being two trilogies. Where the first three would have one cast/style/director and the second three would have a completely different cast/style/director.

Personally I'm all for it. I thought Spider-Man 3 sucked bawls and could use a different take on it.

Archived