• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young amongst the best at not throwing “Interception Worthy” passes

Varking

32 minutes ago, Growl said:

lol do you have any idea how long 20+ air yards is? Teams just aren’t throwing these passes at the rate that people think they are from their espn fantasy highlight packages, especially not in the modern nfl 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38378450/nfl-death-long-passing-deep-ball-aerial-yards-negative-trend?platform=amp

I'm aware of the changes in the league but you and your lols are acting as if everyone is only throwing screens as a coping mechanism because you don't like Bryce Young criticism. Conversely I must say after all your flailing about David Tepper it is amusing you are falling on your sword for the QB he wanted by any means necessary.

Anywho. Andy Dalton looked fine throwing downfield for the Panthers. And he's washed at best.

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 2

4 minutes ago, Wolfcop said:

Bryce has missed some deep shots, mostly due to very little time to throw, but it’s not exactly like we have WRs constantly blowing the top off the defense. 

Andy Dalton attempted and hit on more deep balls in one game in this same offense with these same receivers than Bryce has in three.

• Pie 6

He probably leads the league in throwing the ball out of bounds.

He probably also is towards the bottom on the league in big time throws. 

If I remember correctly Bridgewater had a year or multiple years where he was the best at not having turnover worthy plays and the worst at big times throws.  

The question with Bryce is why?

Isit because he doesn’t have the physical abilities?

It is his personality?

Is it play calling?

Is it his teammates? 

My guess it is some combination of all above.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Put a gun slinger on a bad team constantly playing from behind and that's what you get. At least Howell is willing to give his team a fighting chance.

It's fun to watch but he isn't gonna succeed in the NFL. Those gunslinger types just don't do as well in the modern NFL.

Also, he is a pretty big reason they are behind.