• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Breaking News I knew about 10 years ago

Happy Panther

Illegal, but not banned.

Don't feed me a line of "not banned". Those are illegal, not doctor prescribed substances we are talking about.

If they really thought they needed pharmacologic help to rehab, they could have gone that way. Instead, they went the dirty way. They knew they could recover quicker, run faster, throw a ball faster and farther, hit a ball farther, etc. And they knew it could prolong otherwise over careers.

I'm sick of stupid, half-hearted "admissions".

The era that I grew up watching is a fraud, and it makes me mad.

And if you think MLB is bad, I can guarantee the NFL, the Olympics, and Cycling are dirty as hell too.

Football fans just don't give a damn.

Illegal, but not banned.

Don't feed me a line of "not banned". Those are illegal, not doctor prescribed substances we are talking about.

If they really thought they needed pharmacologic help to rehab, they could have gone that way. Instead, they went the dirty way. They knew they could recover quicker, run faster, throw a ball faster and farther, hit a ball farther, etc. And they knew it could prolong otherwise over careers.

I'm sick of stupid, half-hearted "admissions".

The era that I grew up watching is a fraud, and it makes me mad.

And if you think MLB is bad, I can guarantee the NFL, the Olympics, and Cycling are dirty as hell too.

Football fans just don't give a damn.

I had this same view eight years ago. If you truly feel this way, you'd stop watching ALL sports.

I hold my own baseball records, hank still the HR king, roger is all-time single season HR daddy, etc. I said long ago they should built a whole new wing to the HOF. 1980 is the cut off for old HOF, ALL newbs go in the new wing.

Please dont take this as me said its fine to do PEDs. My main point is where is the line? many examples:

DHEA is a "steroid" that anyone can buy OTC.

Creatine has proven to help any athletic sport. Its in meat, ban meat?

Vitiam D-3(im big on it) is another OTC that has "steroid" like properties. Available anywhere.

Caffeine has showed to increase testosterone, all be very minor. Go thought ANY professional locker-rooms and the garbage can will be full of energy drinks, 5-hour, coffee cups, espresso shots etc..

All sort of uppers are banned by baseball, unless you have a prescription, which is super easy for a person with big money to acquire.

Marijuana is proven to help with eyesight and may have other benefit similar to other PEDs(increase blood flow, pain reducer, etc) Caf and other states this can be easy gotten with prescription.

I know for a FACT that atleast one HOFer has used cocaine. That would help all sort performance related issues. Anyone with just minor knowledge in testosterone, could easily take a short acting one in little dose and pass a test.

When millions of euros/dollars are on the line, almost all humans will do anything to gain a edge.

Same could be said for all types of jobs. If offered a magic dust for 5$ and it would improve your skills for your job, people would do anything to get it and use it hourly.

If we are gonna talk Rose. He should be in because of his playing days. He was never going to be confused with being a great baseball MGR.

So when are we going to have a Commissioner who will overrule what Giamatti who was a Commissioner of Baseball for all of 5 months did to Pete Rose? :cheers2:

I had this same view eight years ago. If you truly feel this way, you'd stop watching ALL sports.

I understand your point.

I would simply point out that for ME, baseball is a little different.

The history of baseball and the records plus the stats have become almost an entity in and of itself.

It allows for the connection between generations of fans, people like my father and grandfather.

We could talk about the guys and compare eras.

Yes, segregation was a factor back in the day, as were the parks that didn't even have outfield fences.

But at least you could LOOK at the ***** leagues (Don't Reid me bro) and see those guys and their stats and know something about them.

You could figure in that parks are all different even today and make an argument one way or another.

With THIS particualr brand of cheating, essentially sanctioned by ratBud Selig, I can't do that with my era.

Don't tell me that OTC stuff has the powers of amplification that the real WWE/powerlifter/horseroids do.

They don't. You don't want to go there with me. I'm well versed.

Bottom line, I'm angry, and it has more to do with baseball as an American Standard than anything else.

Like Mama and Apple Pie. You don't sh*t on that.

So when are we going to have a Commissioner who will overrule what Giamatti who was a Commissioner of Baseball for all of 5 months did to Pete Rose? :cheers2:

Bingo.

Any HoF without the ALL TIME HIT KING is kinda laughable. The evidence I've seen shows he only bet on the Reds to WIN! Not lose.....if he was betting to lose, yeah, ban him. But win? He's just betting on his own boys.

What is the (former) number one rule of baseball since the Black Sox scandal?

You

Don't

Bet

On

Baseball

Period.

Charlie Hustle, while I love his play on the field, did exactly that.

And then lied about it, and then laughed it off and tried to profit and worm his way back with another half-hearted omission.

I think I might be ok with letting him in and then banning his ass from anything and everything MLB related for life, including signing any officially licensed merchandise.

Something like that.

The guy is a loser off the field, and on it one of the best ever.

Guess you can't have it all.

Archived