• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Best Gaming Moments (spoiler alert)

Doc Holiday

You guys are all young when it comes to gaming.

For me it was beating Pool of Radiance for the first time. SSI FTW!

Oh and every single bit of Relentless: Twinsen's Adventure or Little Big World for you Brits.

I thought about including the time my marvelous square shot a smaller square at a big square and it exploded into lots of little squares, but I couldn't remember which Atari game that was.

For real, nobody mentioned the ending to the original Metroid or the first Flood scene in Halo: Combat Evolved?

...and since the poster above me mentioned Atari, how about the janitor on Dr J vs. Larry Bird who curses at you (in Atari speak) while cleaning up the shattered backboard?

doesn't seem to be alot of ps3 gamers. metal gear solid 4: guns of the patriots. the crawl through the electrified hall as a old and weakened snake uses his last bit of strength to get to the control room. and how about the final fight with liquid on top of the sub at the end of the game. best fight ever.

MGS4 - when Snake goes back to Shadow Moses (the music made it epic)

Uncharted 2 - the train scene from Nepal to Tibet

MGS1 - too many to count, but the Psycho Mantis boss-battle where you have to switch the controllers was pretty crazy

FF VIII - too many, but the opening scene was pretty memorable

Medal of Honor Allied Assault (PC) - storming Normandy was also pretty memorable

doesn't seem to be alot of ps3 gamers. metal gear solid 4: guns of the patriots. the crawl through the electrified hall as a old and weakened snake uses his last bit of strength to get to the control room. and how about the final fight with liquid on top of the sub at the end of the game. best fight ever.

This is easily one of my fav moments in gaming, to add to your moment with some of mine......in no particular order of course.

-FVII when Aeris dies and the final battle when you realize that the game is ACTUALLY over

-Parasite Eve:pretty much the entire game was made out of oh s*** moments.

-Zone of the Enders: this game just blew me away because of how graphically stunning it was along with an almost perfect fighting system.

- CODMW and MW2: In MW the nuke scene caught me completely off guard and then in MW2 No Russian is just chilling and the knife scene is epic and in MW2 multiplayer the first time i earned the nuke.

-Bioshock: the first time i used the incinerate plasmid on an enemy walking through gas.

-Gran Turismo 4: completing the game to 100%

Uncharted 2:Train Scene and the Tank Level in Tibet

MGS3: "The Ladder" lol

FFVI:Opera house scene

Unreal Tournament Series: the first time I got a godlike streak playing online.

Starcraft: "Nuclear Launch Detected"

RE: The Dog

LoZ OoT: Final boss fight

The Darkness: Something about watching your girlfriend in the game die got to me.

The End of Fallout 3

Thats a short list I could certainly think of more.

The beginning of GTA3

End of Metroid

When the dogs attack on RE

For real, nobody mentioned the ending to the original Metroid or the first Flood scene in Halo: Combat Evolved?

...and since the poster above me mentioned Atari, how about the janitor on Dr J vs. Larry Bird who curses at you (in Atari speak) while cleaning up the shattered backboard?

Huh?

Oh and every single bit of Relentless: Twinsen's Adventure or Little Big World for you Brits.

Relentless... friggin' phenomenal game. You're essentially a god once you've knocked out the teleportation center and stolen Funfrock's sword.

My favorites-

Ghostbusters (the latest one) - didn't every kid want to use a Proton Pack?

Aliens vs. Predator (Atari Jaguar) - survival meets shooter, adn the first game you could play as all 3 characters. Incredible game on a terrible system.

Bioshock - the fight with Ryan. So well written that I actually felt used.

Thief: Dark Shadows - Incredible game. I'd skip sleep to play this game, and the first time through the Shalebridge Cradle level was one of the most tense levels I've ever played.

Maximum Carnage - Got to websling as Spider-Man and play as Venom.

Anyone played Bayonetta:First Climax?

I downloaded the demo on my PS3, and played it last night for the first time. That character is so sexy it pissed my wife off that I was playing it. Especially when she unleashes her witch magic that removes her clothes which basically turn into a big dragon to demolish your foe.

Wondering how many levels there were in Space Dungeon (Atari 5200)

(Repeat above for Pac Man)

Finally beating The Bard's Tale.

Typing dirty things in text adventures and getting humorous comments back.

Every level of Marble Madness (Amiga 500 version)

Getting sucked into Kings Quest III

Getting sucked into Betrayal at Krondor and then getting sucked into Raymond Feist's books

Learning fatalities on Mortal Kombat (various versions)

Playing Mega Man (forgot the version) while under the influence...

Everything about Oblivion.

NFL 2k4...this video game got me into real life football!!

Oh so many memories...too much to type out!

Archived