• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2023-2024 General Canes Thread

Panthers Fan 69

31 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

Anyone besides me think TDA might be trade bait?

He's playing once a week (maybe) and last night he had a grand total of 3:53 TOI and I didn't see him at all after the first Caps goal. Harbs pointed out his unwillingness to get into a board battle, and almost immediately resulted in the opening goal by Dowd. Again, Harbs saw it live and I watched the re-air of the game this morning and saw just how lazy he got and didn't even make an honest effort to clear the puck. I'm sure RBA parked his butt after that.

It’s tough to say, cause late season if we get a defenseman banged up, it’s nice to know we have a replacement guy already. But I think more and more you are right and they are trying to trade him(though the fact nobody wanted him off waivers), might make me wonder how much we’d actually get for him even at his current contract level. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Harbingers said:

It’s tough to say, cause late season if we get a defenseman banged up, it’s nice to know we have a replacement guy already. But I think more and more you are right and they are trying to trade him(though the fact nobody wanted him off waivers), might make me wonder how much we’d actually get for him even at his current contract level. 

Yeah, there is pretty much no point in trading him because nobody wants him. I agree - might as well keep him in case one of our defensemen get injured

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

Rags lost in a shootout as well, so no gained ground there.

We are still only 5 behind though, rags get Vancouver in town tomorrow so do the isles the next day. So we will be only 1GP ahead of most teams after this little break(two GP ahead of Washington still). Hopefully Vancouver can do us a solid vs. both NY teams. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 1
  • Flames 1

Aho, Burns, Slavin and Necas all MIA from practice. Maybe maintenance day or some kind promo/commercial shoot day for the first three.  Fasty is on the ice but in a no contact. 

Wouldn’t be surprised if we aren’t doing some rolling maintenance days. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 1

On 1/6/2024 at 5:22 PM, PleaseCutStewart said:

Yeah, there is pretty much no point in trading him because nobody wants him. I agree - might as well keep him in case one of our defensemen get injured

I suggest we keep him as a backup. I am not in favor of giving him away for nothing.

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, Harbingers said:

Dunno if they were split into teams or if all these were on Pyotr. But that’s pretty oof. 

Suffice to say this team has no business getting into shootouts. If they get possession of the OT faceoff, there's no reason a Canes 3 on 3 shouldn't be able to win it in short order. 

Maybe instead of shootout attempts they should be working on winning faceoffs, which has taken a major step back this season.

• Pie 2

28 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

Suffice to say this team has no business getting into shootouts. If they get possession of the OT faceoff, there's no reason a Canes 3 on 3 shouldn't be able to win it in short order. 

Maybe instead of shootout attempts they should be working on winning faceoffs, which has taken a major step back this season.

Faceoffs have been getting a lot better, saw a stat yesterday Staal is 71% in the faceoff circle in OT. I don’t know why we have sucked 3v3. I think probably we just try and get too fancy rather than cycling properly. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 2

56 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Everyone but Necas

Who skated solo before practice, I like these line combos. I think Noesen on 2 might just be what the doctor orders to get KK right. 

I'd love to know how that second line looked in practice. That may be the most sandpaper RBA has ever put on the ice. None of those 3 are afraid to mix it up.

• Pie 1