• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2023-2024 General Canes Thread

Panthers Fan 69

1 hour ago, Harbingers said:

Practicing at noon. Idk if it’s a full practice or another optional but it better be a full. 

RBA needs to find 2 new line combinations because 2 & 4 are useless at this point.

Re: Svech. The go ahead goal came off him being tripped with no call. Tripp said it best last night that Svech will not get a call or benefit of doubt as long as he let's his emotions get in the way of playing smart hockey.

8 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

RBA needs to find 2 new line combinations because 2 & 4 are useless at this point.

Re: Svech. The go ahead goal came off him being tripped with no call. Tripp said it best last night that Svech will not get a call or benefit of doubt as long as he let's his emotions get in the way of playing smart hockey.

It was definitely a dive by Svech. Was he tripped, yeah kinda but Svech just needs to play and keep his emotions in check. It’s costing us now and if I were Rod, we have a heart to heart. 

9 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

I wouldn’t say 4 is useless, they are forechecking better than 1 and WAY better than 2. Decent backcheck, had the only goal last night but haven’t been generating many goals recently.

For a team built around forechecking having your top two lines chasing the puck up and down the ice without controlling the neutral zone has really showed over the past half dozen games. It’s not good. Rod needs to drill fundamentals right now, skill will take care of the goals IF we focus on our game. 

3 minutes ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

It was definitely a dive by Svech. Was he tripped, yeah kinda but Svech just needs to play and keep his emotions in check. It’s costing us now and if I were Rod, we have a heart to heart. 

He was definitely tripped. Keep your emotions in check. 

Happy Ryan Gosling GIF by Warner Bros. Deutschland

1 hour ago, Harbingers said:

He was definitely tripped. Keep your emotions in check. 

Happy Ryan Gosling GIF by Warner Bros. Deutschland

This guys on the radio even said 37 was trying to get a call. Sure he was tripped but the way he reacts to plays on the ice, and the refs know this now, he won’t get those calls.  He could have kept his balance and hustled down to stop a play. I hate the refs btw. You know this. I think the NHL has the worst refs in sports. I also think they have t out for us since rod has been so vocal about them.  

3 hours ago, Harbingers said:

I wouldn’t say 4 is useless, they are forechecking better than 1 and WAY better than 2. Decent backcheck, had the only goal last night but haven’t been generating many goals recently.

Keep in mind it was the #3 D pair, who are a #2 pair anywhere else in the league, who scored that goal and it was pretty much Orlov himself who scored it, without a lot of help from the forwards.

Your point is taken, though. Time for the playoff teams to start gearing up and it looks like Carolina is encountering those who want to challenge them to even gain entry to the zone- that's not even a given anymore.

• Pie 1