• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

BBQ Competition

2jakefansinva

Any of ya'll attend these in your area? Just asking because a buddy of mind competes alot in NC. He's also featured on this new show (on TLC channel) about BBQ cookoffs airing on Thurs. nites at 10pm. He is owner of the "Cool Smoke" team from Richmond,Va. I might attend a few of these with him in the future in NC and was just wondering if any of you ever attend or compete.

I compete in a bunch around here in NC. Cool smoke pulled out of the last comp here in Shelby for some reason.

They are fun but you don't really get to taste any of the competition bbq unless they have a peoples choice or you know some of the teams. Health dept won't let you sell to the public. They are fun to walk around and see the different cookers.

Most comps won't start back up until April around here.

Hidden

I compete in a bunch around here in NC. Cool smoke pulled out of the last comp here in Shelby for some reason.

They are fun but you don't really get to taste any of the competition bbq unless they have a peoples choice or you know some of the teams. Health dept won't let you sell to the public. They are fun to walk around and see the different cookers.

Your BBQ kicks ass!

Was watching the other night when him and his helper forgot to sauce the bbq.. ended up fourth with it...

I saw that, pretty funny. Just goes to show ya.....ya never know what judges will like. I talked to him thursday afternoon and he didn't spoil the show for me. He just said I would get a kick out of it and they did do better than the last Comp.

Keep me posted on some that you might attend. I'll try to check w/Tuffy and see when he'll be there also.

Archived