• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce could be a future cautionary tale...

micnificent28

6 minutes ago, strato said:

They have to go through the charade of adding the weapons and the guards and repeating the experiment with the different controls for the people who refuse to accept what they are seeing and have to be hit on the head with it. 

Like the owner for one. 

edit: even I have a hard time thinking he is as bad as he was yesterday. Or will be every time. But real defenses make a huge difference it isn't flag football yet. 

He was always built for school ball and NFL practice. I said it when we traded up to #1. He was never going to be it.

I have no tolerance for the people carrying on with the charade f9r Tepper. People here are already making excuses for them and they are as much of the problem as Tepper by feeding his BS and digging the hole deeper for him. They took the job of the charade so fug them all at this point. They do have the rest of the season to prove something but it's hard to scrape hope together for people that thought this had a chance of working.

33 minutes ago, FatChad said:

Im no Bryce apologist, I wanted CJ, but its exponentially harder to qb if you have no running game.  I think if you switched carr with bryce youd have the same outcome.  we just suck. we get all the bad calls( clowney was held on the first td that blew the game open), Our entire team looks like trash top to bottom. we cant do anything right.  Ill keep watching just for the laughs.  Who knows, maybe we’ll get the offense going.  

We couldn't even attempt to establish the run because Young put us in a hole quite literally the very moment he touched the ball.

• Pie 1

32 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

I mean go ahead and celebrate about being right that Young is dog sh*t and this team is going to suck for yet another season. What an amazing thing to be right about lol. Unfortunately it isn't going to make your Sundays anymore fun, sorry about that.

what an odd take

2 minutes ago, DeAngelo Beason said:

We couldn't even attempt to establish the run because Young put us in a hole quite literally the very moment he touched the ball.

Bryce was terrible and missed a lot of everyday NFL throws.  If he can't settle in and show accuracy he's done in the NFL.  That said, we could have run the ball regardless of the INT.  O-line couldn't run, D-line couldn't stop the run.  Thats a losing combination for any team that doesn't have a HOF QB.   Mixon had 160 rushing yards for CJ yesterday.  I would argue any QB other than Mahomes needs a running game to succeed. 

12 minutes ago, FatChad said:

Bryce was terrible and missed a lot of everyday NFL throws.  If he can't settle in and show accuracy he's done in the NFL.  That said, we could have run the ball regardless of the INT.  O-line couldn't run, D-line couldn't stop the run.  Thats a losing combination for any team that doesn't have a HOF QB.   Mixon had 160 rushing yards for CJ yesterday.  I would argue any QB other than Mahomes needs a running game to succeed. 

While I understand what you are trying to say, CJ, last year had Dameon Pierce with a stat line of 2.9 YPC.  A good QB makes the team better, everyone on the team better.  While a bad QB does the opposite.  This was brought up last year with receivers being open.  Tank Dell did not suddenly become the second making of Jerry Rice.  He had a dang good QB leading him to open spaces, BY cannot do that or at least has not displayed that ability in any pass over 10 yards.

Edited by HPPantherzfan

2 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

A lot of yall can keep on with the "I'm giving him this season" but the results are already there.  What you're seeing is the final product.  The final form.  And no "future" cautionary tale...  it was this way before he was even taken and the reason a lot of us didn't want to draft him in the first place.

As I've stated ad nauseum...  a franchise QB is a guy who has elite physical traits that elevates the play of those around him and he can make and create plays that aren't even there initially bc of his ability (plus ability to process).  Game managers, at best, are the inverse, need the play of their supporting cast to elevate them...  the game managers that can be outliers are guys who aren't elite, but have enough of those traits and abilities to start for one to several years - think Andy Dalton, Case Keenum, Ryan Fitzpatrick, etc.  Then there are guys who have really good overall physical traits and also elite processing - think Brady and Brees.  Then there are guys that have poo physical traits, are built like a middle schooler, have a noodle for an arm, and are not very athletic, and are too short to maneuver around or see over their line to throw it any distance of consequence downfield - that's Bryce.  He's not making anyone around him better, nor is he capable of doing so.  And on the flipside, he could have fuging Jerry Rice, Randy Moss, TO, Smitty, and Chase and Jefferson coming off the bench and he still would put up numbers like yesterday because he fuging sucks ass.

Foe that processing to matter, you have to be able to physically use it.  And when he was at Alabama, the perspective was easily skewed because he had such elite talent around him compared to most of the opponents he was playing, so his weaknesses weren't evident because there was all of the fuging beer and circus flying all directions around him.  But, now, he doesn't have that and it shows.  And Mark my words, it isn't because we don't have talent at the playmaking positions.  We absolutely do.  If Dalton starts, we make a run at the playoffs and Diontae is making a run at being one of the top receivers statistically in the league, Mingo looks worlds better, etc.  This is simply because the talent level at Alabama dwarfed 99% of their opponents.  In the NFL, everyone has Alabama talent, so that gap is bridged and what makes the difference is scheme and who is pulling the trigger.  

And again, we gave up DJ and what became Caleb Williams for this piece of poo.

my God this... This is the point.. you get it.

• Beer 1

My question is who looked at Bryce young and said wow this guy is absolutely a number 1 pick.. he has the arm the speed the size this guy is the best prospect in the country ahead of pin point Stroud and Freak of nature Richardson... This guy Bryce has the tools they don't...

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, micnificent28 said:

My question is who looked at Bryce young and said wow this guy is absolutely a number 1 pick.. he has the arm the speed the size this guy is the best prospect in the country ahead of pin point Stroud and Freak of nature Richardson... This guy Bryce has the tools they don't...

Scott Fitterer,  David Tepper, Nicole Tepper and Frank Reich.

Just now, Jon Snow said:

Scott Fitterer,  David Tepper, Nicole Tepper and Frank Reich.

This has to be the worst number 1 pick ever in history because what were you so in awe of.. I don't think there has ever been a QB drafted at number 1 with worse physical ability.. and you ignored this.

https://x.com/NFLRookieWatxh/status/1833158653135696292?t=LJsBJpnOIyMtFwCDx5IAjQ&s=19

4 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

This has to be the worst number 1 pick ever in history because what were you so in awe of.. I don't think there has ever been a QB drafted at number 1 with worse physical ability.. and you ignored this.

https://x.com/NFLRookieWatxh/status/1833158653135696292?t=LJsBJpnOIyMtFwCDx5IAjQ&s=19

AR was the guy I wanted after the pre-draft process...  but I loved Stroud too and stated I would've been ecstatic with either...  if AR can consistently put it together and stays healthy, he is better than Stroud, and that's why I wanted him above all the other candidates.  

But the point being, as you said, who tf looked at AR and Stroud and said give me the guy built like my 13 year old daughter's middle school crush?

• Beer 1

51 minutes ago, HPPantherzfan said:

While I understand what you are trying to say, CJ, last year had Dameon Pierce with a stat line of 2.9 YPC.  A good QB makes the team better, everyone on the team better.  While a bad QB does the opposite.  This was brought up last year with receivers being open.  Tank Dell did not suddenly become the second making of Jerry Rice.  He had a dang good QB leading him to open spaces, BY cannot do that or at least has not displayed that ability in any pass over 10 yards.

When the QB is no threat at all it makes it alot easier to stop the run.  Other teams may actually prefer young to pass so they have a better chance of an int or fumble.  He is at Jimmy C level of bad back when we would take the qb out and just run the wishbone b/c running non stop was a better play then having the qb on the field.  Young has brought everyone around him down.  The oline looks worse when the qb takes forever to throw the ball, wrs cant catch inaccurate or not thrown passes. Defense is always in terrible spots or on the field too long.  Coaches all look horrible b/c not many plays in the playbook for qbs who cannot throw or run well.  Crazy looking back I would rather Darnald, Mayfield, any qb drafted Kyle allen , taylor heineki, cam off the couch, its just hard to watch the panthers offense right now.  

• Pie 1

Just now, micnificent28 said:

That has always been my concern with this selection. They supposedly evaluated the top 4 and after months of evaluation they decided to go with the longest of Longshots after giving up a kings ransom to do so. It was doomed from the moment they thought they were 1 player away. You cannot trade up to take a chance on a Longshot at qb when the odds against a 1st overall pick working out is already low to begin with.  It's just doesn't make sense to me. 

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Mostly the Teppers though.

I think it was really Fitterer that convinced the Teppers and I'm no fan of the Teppers. Fitterer had a hard on for Young going back 2 years before the draft. Reich had no say in the personnel decisions even though he says he signed off on it. He clearly stated before the draft that Scott picked the players and he decides who starts. That was the dynamics behind the scenes. So the drama before the draft is all for show. It was a clown show behind the scenes and was doomed from the start.

• Pie 1