• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce could be a future cautionary tale...

micnificent28

6 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

I mean the entire Texans organization deserves credit it's not all Stroud. Stroud is a big part of it sure but their success has been the marriage of the front office and football operations all being on the same page and being able to identify players that fit their scheme to put their franchise QB in a place where he can have success. It's what all the good organizations do. We haven't been able to find that recipe and it shows. It isn't all on just 1 person. How many times is Stroud throwing to a wide open receiver? A lot of it does have to do with the scheme they run. Bryce had wide open throws yesterday that he didn't really have year 1 and he missed them and that's the difference. Stroud probably has a good year if he was on our team this year. Last year though? I think he struggles, maybe not as bad as Bryce but he definitely wouldn't have been as good year 1 like he was with the Texans

You're giving the Texans too much credit. Despite their alleged wizardry, they had managed only 7 wins in two seasons before Stroud showed up to lead the worst-rated receiving corps heading into the 2023 season. Stroud is the biggest and the most crucial part of their successful 2023 campaign, because QB is by far the most important position on a team and Stroud turned out to be dawg. By the same token, Bryce is the biggest reason why we sucked last year and continue to fall apart this year. He is the reason for our O-line woes and underperforming receivers last season. If the Texans had ended up with Bryce, they would have likely lost ALL of their games last year, and if we had ended up with Stroud, there is no doubt we would have at least made a serious run for the playoffs, given how weak our division was, and Reich would have certainly kept his job. This is the difference between a QB who has proven to elevate those around him and a QB who has proven to be a liability and an albatross around the necks of his teammates. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

On 9/9/2024 at 1:43 PM, Green-Ghost said:

I would like to throw in Jaxson dart.  The only problem with him is that he plays for Ole Miss rebels.  I am a graduate from Ole Miss. I have seen some talented quarterbacks. Leave Ole Miss only to have off the field problems when they play at the NFL level. Can you say Chad Kelly can you say, Matt Correll?

All kidding aside, Jackson is an extremely talented quarterback. He is very accurate he has turned Ole Miss from, “ just another contender” to “a national championship contender.”

I haven’t watched Dart lately but he always struck me as the “perfect college, spread air raid” QB. He doesn’t really have the arm to be drafted high but he could be a developmental project. 

Everyone I listed could be a Day 1 starter but I’m not sold on Beck. He will get the Red Carpet treatment though, and that scares me considering who the team owner is.