• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce could be a future cautionary tale...

micnificent28

2 hours ago, FatChad said:

Im no Bryce apologist, I wanted CJ, but its exponentially harder to qb if you have no running game.  I think if you switched carr with bryce youd have the same outcome.  we just suck. we get all the bad calls( clowney was held on the first td that blew the game open), Our entire team looks like trash top to bottom. we cant do anything right.  Ill keep watching just for the laughs.  Who knows, maybe we’ll get the offense going.  

Young is the reason we have no run game. We'd be better off going wildcat so we would at least have an extra blocker.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, HPPantherzfan said:

While I understand what you are trying to say, CJ, last year had Dameon Pierce with a stat line of 2.9 YPC.  A good QB makes the team better, everyone on the team better.  While a bad QB does the opposite.  This was brought up last year with receivers being open.  Tank Dell did not suddenly become the second making of Jerry Rice.  He had a dang good QB leading him to open spaces, BY cannot do that or at least has not displayed that ability in any pass over 10 yards.

I totally agree.  Good qb's open the running game.  I just don't think its all on Bryce.  Our team failed us from top to bottom.  

1 minute ago, Shotgun said:

Young is the reason we have no run game. We'd be better off going wildcat so we would at least have an extra blocker.

We could still have some type of run game.  Our o line got manhandled all day long.  We had a good running game with Jimmy Clausen.  We had a good run game throughout the first 20 years of our existence.  Badd drafting and personnel work has ruined this team.  We could and probably will fix our run game.  No real preseason and new o line takes time.  What I saw yesterday was not all on Bryce Young is all I'm saying. 

26 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

The play calling still isn't doing Bryce any favors.  We can't block up basic blitzes.  

I believe Bryce came out and said the 4 sacks from the cb blitz were on him its his job to recognize it and shift protection or get rid of the ball to the guy left open from the blitzing corner. 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, fanpanther said:

I believe Bryce came out and said the 4 sacks from the cb blitz were on him its his job to recognize it and shift protection or get rid of the ball to the guy left open from the blitzing corner. 

He can see that in a class room but not on a football field.

• Pie 2

51 minutes ago, FatChad said:

We could still have some type of run game.  Our o line got manhandled all day long.  We had a good running game with Jimmy Clausen.  We had a good run game throughout the first 20 years of our existence.  Badd drafting and personnel work has ruined this team.  We could and probably will fix our run game.  No real preseason and new o line takes time.  What I saw yesterday was not all on Bryce Young is all I'm saying. 

Not if they have to run the offense out of the spread and shotgun the entire time just so Young can see some of the field. Not being able to run under center only leaves a quick spread offense to run and that is not DC's bag. Basically what NE ran early with TB and even they had some stuff under center. 

32 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

The play calling still isn't doing Bryce any favors.  We can't block up basic blitzes.  

Young can't pick them up. Even the announcers were blaming him on those. Said it's basic stuff you expect to see a 2nd year guy grasp. They also said they were blitzing more than normal but it was effective. 

• Pie 2

Time to move on and cut loose.

He's done. The stage is too big for him and He can't handle the pressure. His mind goes blank, and he doesn't know what he's doing on the field. You can see it in his eyes and his footwork.

What surprised me is the FO didn't at least draft a backup young QB late rd to compete with him.....

• Pie 6

On 10/5/2023 at 5:50 PM, micnificent28 said:

I'm not throwing in the towel at all its way 2 early and there are signs of life.. A lot of Bryce struggles could all be on the lack of talent or frank himself play calling not taking the trainning wheels off. But a lot of Bryces struggles are also his own lack of ability. YOU DON'T TAKE A GUY NUMBER 1 WITHOUT ELITE PHYSICAL TRAITS. That's never happened before.

Oh he's an "elite processor". Like wtf is that... I can't quantify that. I can't bring that to my coordinator and say oh his processoring will develop openings here or there. Event best undersized prospects had elite physical traits. Kyler had the speed to run away from the rush and nobody questioned his arm strength to attack every aspect of the field. Bryce can't make all the throws.. he can't flick his wrist and hit a corner route like say Richardson. Sorry he just can't. He needs time to access whatever arm strength he has. 

Well good luck with that when your guard giving up 28 pressures on the year when the worst guy has only given up 14.

Screenshot_20231003_175225_X.thumb.jpg.2738ceb54e1e44a64d10157e91c779c4.jpg

Yes Bryce is being let down by his supporting cast but a lot of his struggles a number 1 pick would have to make up for with their own ability. Especially if they are an "elite Processor". Brady made eldleman and undersized white guys a thing. Being an extention of the coach and elite mind is great but what does it matter if you dont have the physical tools to capitalize on whats going on on what you see? What good is it to have  luke kuechly mind and 5.0 speed in the 40?

Like you can see whats happening but can't get there to make a play because you just dont have the gifts. We see this all the time with draft prospects like clelin ferrell the huddle wanted a few years back who went number 4(thank god). guys who have the numbers good football players and smart have all the stats hidden behind talented players beside them who make them look good. But put on a island without that talent around them they are just JAGs. Draft traits not just numbers or you could end up with literally just coaches on the field.

It's early but Bryce could become just an expensive game Manager. He's not going to throw picks and lose you the game but he doesn't have the elite traits to uplift and make plays for those around him. Which is why you take the guy who runs the 4.4 in the 40 who had unseen athleticism and the size of a Linebacker unheard combine numbers. Your "elite processor" mental abilities are tied to your confidence and emotional state.

I promise you right now bryce is questioning can he play at this level second guessing his decisions trying to make a play which can mitigate all that "elite processoring" we were sold on. Guys like Stroud and Richardson are being validated and gaining confidence by their abilities and seeing yeah I can do this. which buys them time to develop the "elite processor" or good enough to read defenses with their physical ability. End rant.

I have to admit, I have never been in favor of purposely losing games so that you could get that number one pick. it is my opinion that too many fans make rash decisions with emotion rather than thinking it through.  I think that too many people believe a #1 football player prospect is a sure champion.

What I saw last Sunday reminded me of a college football game where one team that is clearly outmatched plays another team.  Ole Miss vs Furman, Georgia vs NT Tech, ETC.

my concern is as follows: does Bryce Young have the respect of the locker room?  (are there things happening beyond what we are aware of as a fan?) what made Bryce Young so successful at Alabama?  I realize college football and the NFL are like apples and oranges.  However, I do not see why the Panther organization can’t go back and look at Alabama footage.

I do not think the New Orleans Saints are as bad as the talking heads in the media make them out to be.  BTW, these same talking hitch predict that the Atlanta Falcons will be NFC South Champions.  (I cannot see them beating the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.)  my point here is never trust the media.

Bryce threw that interception, on the very first throw in the game. That seem to set the tone for the entire game.  I did still see some potential with Bryce Young.  However, I don’t think this embarrassing loss was all Bryce’s fault.
How did the Saints put up 47 points against the Panthers defense?

The real question is where do we go from here? Do we bench price young and start playing Andy Dalton?  No, I don’t think so because we already know what his record is, when he was playing for New Orleans.

On 10/5/2023 at 6:50 PM, micnificent28 said:

I'm not throwing in the towel at all its way 2 early and there are signs of life.. A lot of Bryce struggles could all be on the lack of talent or frank himself play calling not taking the trainning wheels off. But a lot of Bryces struggles are also his own lack of ability. YOU DON'T TAKE A GUY NUMBER 1 WITHOUT ELITE PHYSICAL TRAITS. That's never happened before.

Oh he's an "elite processor". Like wtf is that... I can't quantify that. I can't bring that to my coordinator and say oh his processoring will develop openings here or there. Event best undersized prospects had elite physical traits. Kyler had the speed to run away from the rush and nobody questioned his arm strength to attack every aspect of the field. Bryce can't make all the throws.. he can't flick his wrist and hit a corner route like say Richardson. Sorry he just can't. He needs time to access whatever arm strength he has. 

Well good luck with that when your guard giving up 28 pressures on the year when the worst guy has only given up 14.

Screenshot_20231003_175225_X.thumb.jpg.2738ceb54e1e44a64d10157e91c779c4.jpg

Yes Bryce is being let down by his supporting cast but a lot of his struggles a number 1 pick would have to make up for with their own ability. Especially if they are an "elite Processor". Brady made eldleman and undersized white guys a thing. Being an extention of the coach and elite mind is great but what does it matter if you dont have the physical tools to capitalize on whats going on on what you see? What good is it to have  luke kuechly mind and 5.0 speed in the 40?

Like you can see whats happening but can't get there to make a play because you just dont have the gifts. We see this all the time with draft prospects like clelin ferrell the huddle wanted a few years back who went number 4(thank god). guys who have the numbers good football players and smart have all the stats hidden behind talented players beside them who make them look good. But put on a island without that talent around them they are just JAGs. Draft traits not just numbers or you could end up with literally just coaches on the field.

It's early but Bryce could become just an expensive game Manager. He's not going to throw picks and lose you the game but he doesn't have the elite traits to uplift and make plays for those around him. Which is why you take the guy who runs the 4.4 in the 40 who had unseen athleticism and the size of a Linebacker unheard combine numbers. Your "elite processor" mental abilities are tied to your confidence and emotional state.

I promise you right now bryce is questioning can he play at this level second guessing his decisions trying to make a play which can mitigate all that "elite processoring" we were sold on. Guys like Stroud and Richardson are being validated and gaining confidence by their abilities and seeing yeah I can do this. which buys them time to develop the "elite processor" or good enough to read defenses with their physical ability. End rant.

Future cuationary tale not needed. He was 5'10. He couldn't work out at the combine because he spent all of his time "beefing up" to make weight. Then he couldn't weigh in at his Pro Day because he'd spent all of his time drilling. 

It is what it is, and it certainly is not his fault. There is no need to blame him for his short comings because, as per usual, the problem lies with management or ownership. 

• Beer 1

28 minutes ago, WestPanthers said:

Time to move on and cut loose.

He's done. The stage is too big for him and He can't handle the pressure. His mind goes blank, and he doesn't know what he's doing on the field. You can see it in his eyes and his footwork.

What surprised me is the FO didn't at least draft a backup young QB late rd to compete with him.....

Coddling Bryce.  If there was a young QB on this roster worth playing the entire locker room would be up in arms.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

16 minutes ago, Green-Ghost said:

I have to admit, I have never been in favor of purposely losing games so that you could get that number one pick. it is my opinion that too many fans make rash decisions with emotion rather than thinking it through.  I think that too many people believe a #1 football player prospect is a sure champion.

What I saw last Sunday reminded me of a college football game where one team that is clearly outmatched plays another team.  Ole Miss vs Furman, Georgia vs NT Tech, ETC.

my concern is as follows: does Bryce Young have the respect of the locker room?  (are there things happening beyond what we are aware of as a fan?) what made Bryce Young so successful at Alabama?  I realize college football and the NFL are like apples and oranges.  However, I do not see why the Panther organization can’t go back and look at Alabama footage.

I do not think the New Orleans Saints are as bad as the talking heads in the media make them out to be.  BTW, these same talking hitch predict that the Atlanta Falcons will be NFC South Champions.  (I cannot see them beating the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.)  my point here is never trust the media.

Bryce threw that interception, on the very first throw in the game. That seem to set the tone for the entire game.  I did still see some potential with Bryce Young.  However, I don’t think this embarrassing loss was all Bryce’s fault.
How did the Saints put up 47 points against the Panthers defense?

The real question is where do we go from here? Do we bench price young and start playing Andy Dalton?  No, I don’t think so because we already know what his record is, when he was playing for New Orleans.

We suck on purpose.

There are some good QB's showing up that will be available in the next draft. I don't recall all names right now but a few that have stuck out to me are as follows:

1. Sanders - They have no run game, at all, yet he's throwing for 300 and 400 yards, multiple touchdowns, and just carrying that team. If he weren't there, they would be losing much worse than they already are

2. Kyle McCord - Dude has played lights out the first two games and was treated like dog poo at Ohio State

3. LSU Guy - He stuck around behind Daniels and man, he can fit a football into a tight window without even seeing the receiver, and throws with such timing and pace

4. Carson Beck - I don't like the idea of drafting him. He's an average player on the best team in the country and it's hard to tell if he's carried or is carrying the team. Overall, if App State's receivers could have created separation against Clemson, I think Joey Aguilar could have had a similar stat line to Beck so I'm inclined to think Beck will be drafted high, but it's solely a function of being on the best team in the country. 

• Pie 1