• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce could be a future cautionary tale...

micnificent28

• 11 months later...
On 10/6/2023 at 1:03 AM, NCBlu said:

You mean showing up to the combine with fake weight and super thick soles to look taller while not even competing against your peers wasn't enough of a red flag? I can't even watch his interviews "you know"

Yeah to that but the team knew all about this scenario (because he isn’t an isolated case) and still took him. 
The pro day was the big red flag for me. Deal breaker. 

Edited by strato
  • Pie 2

On 10/5/2023 at 8:25 PM, Mr Mojo Risin said:

NOPE NOPE NOPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There are aboslutely NO EXCUSES for our #1 pick QB to not be throwing for a MINIMUM 300 YPG and NO LESS than 2 40+ yard passes PER GAME! Even though there are COUNTLESS examples of young QBs struggling in the NFL OUR QB has to perform at no less than a pro bowl level through the first 4 games of the season or else he is a bust and the HC should be fired!!!!!!!! NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry just trying to fit in with all the other brain deads on this forum

You really told them didn’t you! lol 

A lot of yall can keep on with the "I'm giving him this season" but the results are already there.  What you're seeing is the final product.  The final form.  And no "future" cautionary tale...  it was this way before he was even taken and the reason a lot of us didn't want to draft him in the first place.

As I've stated ad nauseum...  a franchise QB is a guy who has elite physical traits that elevates the play of those around him and he can make and create plays that aren't even there initially bc of his ability (plus ability to process).  Game managers, at best, are the inverse, need the play of their supporting cast to elevate them...  the game managers that can be outliers are guys who aren't elite, but have enough of those traits and abilities to start for one to several years - think Andy Dalton, Case Keenum, Ryan Fitzpatrick, etc.  Then there are guys who have really good overall physical traits and also elite processing - think Brady and Brees.  Then there are guys that have poo physical traits, are built like a middle schooler, have a noodle for an arm, and are not very athletic, and are too short to maneuver around or see over their line to throw it any distance of consequence downfield - that's Bryce.  He's not making anyone around him better, nor is he capable of doing so.  And on the flipside, he could have fuging Jerry Rice, Randy Moss, TO, Smitty, and Chase and Jefferson coming off the bench and he still would put up numbers like yesterday because he fuging sucks ass.

Foe that processing to matter, you have to be able to physically use it.  And when he was at Alabama, the perspective was easily skewed because he had such elite talent around him compared to most of the opponents he was playing, so his weaknesses weren't evident because there was all of the fuging beer and circus flying all directions around him.  But, now, he doesn't have that and it shows.  And Mark my words, it isn't because we don't have talent at the playmaking positions.  We absolutely do.  If Dalton starts, we make a run at the playoffs and Diontae is making a run at being one of the top receivers statistically in the league, Mingo looks worlds better, etc.  This is simply because the talent level at Alabama dwarfed 99% of their opponents.  In the NFL, everyone has Alabama talent, so that gap is bridged and what makes the difference is scheme and who is pulling the trigger.  

And again, we gave up DJ and what became Caleb Williams for this piece of poo.

• Pie 5

39 minutes ago, DeAngelo Beason said:

How is he being let down by the supporting cast?  The blocking was not bad yesterday.  He was getting happy feet and running for his life from pressure that wasn't there, and he was overthrowing wide open receivers all game.  He's simply not a professional QB.  

Im no Bryce apologist, I wanted CJ, but its exponentially harder to qb if you have no running game.  I think if you switched carr with bryce youd have the same outcome.  we just suck. we get all the bad calls( clowney was held on the first td that blew the game open), Our entire team looks like trash top to bottom. we cant do anything right.  Ill keep watching just for the laughs.  Who knows, maybe we’ll get the offense going.  

52 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

You really told them didn’t you! lol 

I mean go ahead and celebrate about being right that Young is dog sh*t and this team is going to suck for yet another season. What an amazing thing to be right about lol. Unfortunately it isn't going to make your Sundays anymore fun, sorry about that.

Edited by Mr Mojo Risin

7 minutes ago, Waldo said:

It's already over, some people just can't see it. Yesterday was the first nail in the offical process. Last year they fitted the coffin.

They have to go through the charade of adding the weapons and the guards and repeating the experiment with the different controls for the people who refuse to accept what they are seeing and have to be hit on the head with it. 

Like the owner for one. 

edit: even I have a hard time thinking he is as bad as he was yesterday. Or will be every time. But real defenses make a huge difference it isn't flag football yet. 

Edited by strato
  • Beer 1