• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Week 5 NFL games

Jackie Lee

2 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

There’s bad football being played all around and not just here. 

The NFL honestly does feature a lot of bad football these days. Just being honest. By and large the college game is generally a better product and I'm not just saying that because my college team is a lot better than my pro team. Casually watching games that I have no rooting interest in, the college games just generally tend to be better.

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The NFL honestly does feature a lot of bad football these days. Just being honest. By and large the college game is generally a better product and I'm not just saying that because my college team is a lot better than my pro team. Casually watching games that I have no rooting interest in, the college games just generally tend to be better.

There’s so many factors that are going into it (I think the biggest being shoving big markets/bad teams down the prime time throats ie NY, Chicago, NE) but also players are not developing like they should across the league and partly I think that’s a patience issue. Less practices than 10 years ago plus different schemes from college to pros.

Edited by Panthercougar68

2 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

There’s so many factors that are going into it (I think the biggest being shoving big markets/bad teams down the prime time throats ie NY, Chicago, NE) but also players are not developing like they should across the league and partly I think that’s a patience issue. Less practices than 10 years ago plus different schemes from college to pros.

I think a big factor is defenses are adapting. NFL offenses have been becoming more and more college like with spread formations, lots more passing, an emphasis on getting the ball out quick, etc. and defenses are starting to adapt and catch up. It feels like these days you have a handful of elite offenses, another handful of good offenses, and then a whole lot of bad offenses. I don't know what the next rule changes will be to get more consistent scoring but it'll probably be something to help out the pass blockers because these OL are just getting whooped by defenses. They can't block these guys.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Same with college basketball. The atmosphere is just better.