• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Week 5 NFL games

Jackie Lee

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

If we were in a complete rebuild hell yes do that.  Along with trading burns/cmc.  Problem is Fitt doesnt know poo from shinola and cant commit to a process one way or another

This is a good point. A big problem with this ownership is they haven't been able to commit to the full rebuild. They piddle along thinking they are a move here or there away and it's culminated into this garbage.

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I prefer my #1 overall pick, who we traded a ton of assets for, to have an arm that is a bit better then "fine".  Thats just me though

That’s more than fair. This is nothing new with Young though. Burrow for example never had elite arm strength and went 1.  I’m with you though which is why I preferred Stroud. The top pick needs a heigh floor with a high ceiling. 

8 hours ago, CarolinaRideorDie said:

Dude, Justin Fields was one of the most talked about potential busts of this year and the Bears gave him 3 years and DJ Moore this year and he is starting to play better over the past 2 games. You can't give Bryce 3 fugging games and already saying he ain't it? Look at Fields throws tonight, he literally threw 10 yds to DJ and he did all the run after catch work! They showed his stats tonight that DJ has the most YAC yds in the league! How about you surround Bryce with talent first? 

Wow yea maybe the Panthers should get a WR like DJ Moore to grow with their young QB

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Who are the NFL QBs with weaker arms based on what we've seen at the NFL level so far? I'm genuinely curious.

He is on par with your average NFL QB. Cousins, Goff, Carr, Hurts, Dobbs, Purdy, Smith, Burrow, Watson, Jackson, Pickett, Tua, Mac Jones, Tannehill, Jimmy G etc… He isn’t an Allen, Fields, Herbert, Mahomes, Howell cannon but is capable of making any throw especially if his feet are set. His arm strength/throw power is what it is. Carolina needs to dial up the throws and get him comfortable throwing it deep at this level.

Arm strength doesn’t differ from college to the NFL. If he was dropping deep passes right on target that skill didn’t disappear. He is either uncomfortable doing it in this offense or Reich is uncomfortable calling it for him. Week 1 showed 2 nice looking deep passes. One was overthrown which happens and the 2nd TMJ gave up on his route which looked to be right on target. It think we’ve seen a couple where he gets hit or has a lot of pressure on him and they’ve looked bad coming out, but hell Cam (who had a cannon) had a few of those. 

• Pie 1

Fun game to watch if ur a CHI fan... but as we all know that was a pure lay an egg ron rivera special... we all remember them.  Then how could we forget the joey slye momentum killing miss field goal... It was like I was psychic watching that game...knew everything that was going to happen.  Now we have the dubious distinction of only winless team in the league and wrapped up 32nd in power rankings.

Edited by Johnstonny
  • Pie 2

1 minute ago, Jaxel said:

Well.maybe fit will learn his lesson. The entirety of free agency and the draft should be solely focused on surrounding the Qb will as much talent as possible. Developing g the QB at this point is the only thing that matters.

Exactly. When you're trading to #1 overall to draft a QB and you only have one proven legit NFL WR, that's a guy who should basically be completely off limits in terms of the trade package. You're mortgaging the future of the franchise on the development of this QB. Act like it.

• Flames 1

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

He is on par with your average NFL QB. Cousins, Goff, Carr, Hurts, Dobbs, Purdy, Smith, Burrow, Watson, Jackson, Pickett, Tua, Mac Jones, Tannehill, Jimmy G etc… He isn’t an Allen, Fields, Herbert, Mahomes, Howell cannon but is capable of making any throw especially if his feet are set. His arm strength/throw power is what it is. Carolina needs to dial up the throws and get him comfortable throwing it deep at this level.

Arm strength doesn’t differ from college to the NFL. If he was dropping deep passes right on target that skill didn’t disappear. He is either uncomfortable doing it in this offense or Reich is uncomfortable calling it for him. Week 1 showed 2 nice looking deep passes. One was overthrown which happens and the 2nd TMJ gave up on his route which looked to be right on target. It think we’ve seen a couple where he gets hit or has a lot of pressure on him and they’ve looked bad coming out, but hell Cam (who had a cannon) had a few of those. 

Hurts? Carr? Tannehill? You cannot be serious. Bryce is roughly on par with Mac Jones IMO.

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Hurts? Carr? Tannehill? You cannot be serious. Bryce is roughly on par with Mac Jones IMO.

Hurts had issues with deep ball accuracy for a minute. They did a great job building an offense for him and developing him. At one point teams were questioning if he could play at this level before he went to OU. Maybe Saints Carr has lost some zip, but his arm hasn’t impressed me. Carr’s average is 6.2 this year which was Young last game . Honestly his stats aren’t much different considering he played an extra half game and has a much better supporting cast. I honestly don’t know about Tannehill. He lobs them up by they are picked half the time. Hell most people can do that. 

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

Wow come on people. Howell and Fields both through great deep balls. Yeah they might make Young’s arm look bad, but his arm is fine. He had an NFL arm in college unless he had some crazy injury he is more than capable of making most NFL throws. Nothing special in the NFL, but a capable arm. 

I agree with this and that’s what I was trying to get across. Those two throws from Fields last night , Bryce Young could make them - but he wouldn’t have gotten away with either. He’s got to be more precise and calculated about the throw than if a guy has a cannon. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Watch other QBs. Compare. Stop grading on a curve out of cope. Who are the NFL QBs that Bryce has shown that his arm is definitely better than? To be average you need to be able to list half of the NFL's QBs. There's no way in hell you can honestly do that.

Three games. Frank Reich. Enough said.