• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Nexus One vs iPhone, Droid & Palm Pre - Total Cost of Ownership

2shy

Nexus looks comparable on this chart. The droid's hardware must smoke it.

Actually, the Nexus One beats it in the hardware department.

The Droid has a 600 mhz chip running at 550 mhz and has 256 megs of ram and 512 megs of ROM (app storage) while the Nexus One has a 1 ghz chip with 512 megs of ram and 512 megs of ROM.

The only thing the Droid really has going for it is Verizon's network (for now, the Nexus is coming to VZW in the Spring) and its physical keyboard. Until Android's software keyboard is improved, it will continue to be a handicap.

Actually, the Nexus One beats it in the hardware department.

The Droid has a 600 mhz chip running at 550 mhz and has 256 megs of ram and 512 megs of ROM (app storage) while the Nexus One has a 1 ghz chip with 512 megs of ram and 512 megs of ROM.

The only thing the Droid really has going for it is Verizon's network (for now, the Nexus is coming to VZW in the Spring) and its physical keyboard. Until Android's software keyboard is improved, it will continue to be a handicap.

Thanks for the info. I'll just continue to wait for my upgrade until the next big thing comes out.

If the nexus one was available when I got my droid, I still would have gone with the droid. I find HTC hardware to be of a lesser quality in general, not talking specs here, just overall build quality. they just feel cheaper to me. I like the solidness of the Motorola droid, and the physical keyboard option. Obviously at some point the droid will be out done, but I don't think the nexus is it. IMHO

Archived