• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Any financial resolutions/goals/neat ideas for 2010?

pstall

Getting a job is my first goal. :lol:

Second is to try and keep my condo

Third is try not to get anymore debt if I have to move.

Fourth is to get rid of the rest of my debt.

Fifth start rebuilding my nest egg.

Hopefully this will all happen within the first part of the year. Second part will depend on how well I did on the first part.

Continuing to build up an emergency savings account so that I can cut out credit card useage. That was my goal for 2009 as well, and we did pretty good. Credit card debt should be gone by the end of this year, and savings account actually has more than 3 numbers in it now, and I am not including anything to the right of the decimal. :)

Its really just a matter of being patient. We started with just 25 bucks every payday out of both my wife's and my paycheck. Put it into a account with no atm card at a credit union thats 20 miles away. Its hard to take the money out. We have gradually increased the amount over the last year.

I just need to learn how to hold on to money and save. If I learn how to do that, this year will be successful to me.

Have a plan man.

If you aim for nothing, 100% of the time you will hit it.

Look at what Deac is doing. Set aside some cash into a savings or cd and make it kinda sorta hard to get too. Automate it though. Set it and forget it and before you know it, you have a nice side fund built up.

good luck

we just got someone to rent our old house. their rent pays the mortgage. since i plan to sell that home in the next two years, should i overpay the mortgage to reduce the principle or take the extra funds and stash them in a high interest CD? where else should i put those funds?

Archived