• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Deangelo finishes with 0 Fumbles

Newtcase

Nor did i say he was. I said DWill is possibly the best RB in the NFL this year. I simply said Most valuable player he is not.

Please elaborate on how he isn't the most valuable player? The MVP award is given to the most important player that contributed the most on a championship caliber team. Meaning, Drew Brees won't win the MVP because his team is bad. We're 12-4 and 2nd best team in the NFC. No other player in a higher seeding than us has contributed more to a team than DeAngelo has for us in terms of individual contribution. Thus, making him the MVP.

Please elaborate on how he isn't the most valuable player? The MVP award is given to the most important player that contributed the most on a championship caliber team. Meaning, Drew Brees won't win the MVP because his team is bad. We're 12-4 and 2nd best team in the NFC. No other player in a higher seeding than us has contributed more to a team than DeAngelo has for us in terms of individual contribution. Thus, making him the MVP.

MVP to me means the player where the team would be lost without. My pick for that is Michael Turner. Without him the Falcons are probably 5-11 6-10. Without Deangelo Williams the Panthers are still 8-8 9-7 team. (Yes i am saying Carolina has a better team lol) Lately they've gotten away from the meaning of the award and given it to the player with the best stats COUGH Tom Brady.

DeAngelo's been great for us this year. And he's one of the reasons that the Panthers are so easy for me to love. He's really a great guy. When you listen to his interviews he's well spoken, charismatic, and articulate. I'm happy for him and everything he was able to accomplish this season because I know he worked hard for it. You can't help but be excited for his future and the future of the offense.

He had a phenomenal regular season and I hope he can continue that success going into the playoffs.

Basically what I'm trying to say is...

I love this guy! And I love this team!

MVP to me means the player where the team would be lost without. My pick for that is Michael Turner. Without him the Falcons are probably 5-11 6-10. Without Deangelo Williams the Panthers are still 8-8 9-7 team. (Yes i am saying Carolina has a better team lol) Lately they've gotten away from the meaning of the award and given it to the player with the best stats COUGH Tom Brady.

I don't believe that Turner was the reason for the Falcons successful turnaround this year because I think Matt Ryan is responsible for that. Matt Ryan put up a QB rating this season of 87.7 which put him 11th in the league. Jake's 84.7 rating has him at 18th. More games were won in the hands of Matt Ryan as opposed to Michael Turner this season. You cannot say the same thing about Jake Delhomme. DeAngelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart [Peanut Butter and Jelly] bailed him out and securing wins that should've been losses. Chicago, Arizona, Oakland, Detroit, etc. were games that without our rushing attack would've been disastrous losses for us. Our rushing attack is lead by DeAngelo which should make him leading candidate for the MVP race.

I love D-will like a play cousin but I also believe that Turner should be considered MVP. He has made Matt Ryan look better than I think he really is (although he is far better than I expected him to be). Without Turner they don't win 5 games.

D-will is definitely the better running back of the two. He's also better than peterson because he is just as explosive and he doesn't cough the ball up.

Yea I'm sorry, but the reason the Falcons have played so well is due to Matt Ryan. If he doesn't play like a guy who's been in the league for 10 years (as a Rook) the Falcs aren't even close to the playoffs. Turner has had a good year but Deangleo started heating up towards the 2nd half of the year when we needed him the most.

Archived