• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It’s 2010, and that means time to retire some old phrases

Jangler

(1) “Not so much" and its even more tired cousin, "Eh, not so much."

(2) "Too much information!”

(3) "And by [that] I mean [this]."

(4) "I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit."

(5) “Good times.”

(6) “Did I say that out loud?"

(7) "______ much?" (e.g. "Jealous much?" "Angry much?"

(8) "Hey, stop eating my dinner, Eatie McEaterson!" (or any similar phrase that ends in Blank-y McBlankerson).

(9) "Really?!" (This one will be the hardest for me to stop using).

(10) “It’s like a party in my mouth.” (in reference to food or drink that tastes good).

(11) “Hey, don’t go there!"

(12) “Burn!” (spoken after someone has delivered an insult).

(13) "Alrighty then."

(14) "Ya THINK?"

(15) “Thanks for sharing."

(16) "Best. _____. Ever." (I'll probably use this one for another year or two, even though I've put it on the banned list.)

(17) "Oh, snap!" (This is actually worse than saying, "Burn!" You should only say "Oh, snap!" if you're making fun of saying, "Oh, snap!")

(18) "Business" (referring to one's personal body parts as your, his, or her "business" – very three years ago.)

Now, here are some other phrases that aren't attempting to be funny, but still need to be retired.

(1) "At the end of the day" (I like using this phrase, but it's getting a bit old. Let's come up with a new one, shall we? Ideas?)

(2) "It is what it is."

(3) "It's all good."

(4) "Just sayin'."

(5) "Epic win" & "Epic fail" (Even the internet nerds (like me) who thought this was cool a year ago have had enough of these. You can still use them, but be careful – make sure you're talking about something that actually is epic.)

(6) "Pics or it didn't happen." (If you hear someone say that, or see that someone has typed those words online, you are encouraged to slap them hard across the face, three times.)

(7) "That's how I roll" or "That's how we roll"

(8) "I'm not gonna lie..."

Archived