• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce critics - let's be honest

NAS

On 10/3/2023 at 9:34 AM, WhoKnows said:

Ugh, ball’s gotta be out. One guy to shake for a TD. Did Young get sacked here?

I hate to say it because I just wanted the top rookie for once. I’m not going to say that I’m a QB whisperer so I would have been happy with any of the three we loved. Personally, I just hated giving up so much. What I hate to say is that I don’t think Young will ever be anything besides just OK if he has great weapons. That’s not the first pick.

He’s got a serious fumbling issue. Every time he gets hit or hit hard the ball is out. Three starts and 2 fumble TDs on sacks. We will lose a lot just because of that.

He also hasn’t had success deep. He didn’t go deep at all on Sunday and part of that IMHO was because we were in a 1 score game the entire time. When we got behind the first two games the deep balls weren’t accurate. No idea if the WRs were at fault or not but they just didn’t look promising.

Yes, Harrison Smith was on him in under 2 seconds here because Chuba went the wrong way to block.

@TheCasillasgave a breakdown on this

the ball should have been out quicker, but smith was on him almost instantly.

A still picture doesn’t and will never tell the whole story in football.

I agree on the fumbling issue. He needs to get that figured out. You can’t put the ball on the ground every game and expect to win many games.

Edited by therealmjl

7 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

Yes, Harrison Smith was on him in under 2 seconds here because Chuba went the wrong way to block.

@TheCasillasgave a breakdown on this

the ball should have been out quicker, but smith was on him almost instantly.

A still picture doesn’t and will never tell the whole story in football.

I agree on the fumbling issue. He needs to get that figured out. You can’t put the ball on the ground every game and expect to win many games.

Zero fumbles is always the goal especially in the red zone like last week.  It looks like Young has 3 on the year which is around 9th in the league (he did miss a game too which probably estimates him to be at 4) and his pressured/hit number has to be towards the top with Zavala playing...  You are right thought, we have to protect the ball especially in the red zone.  

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/player-stat/fumbles

Young will be a good coach one day. I don't see him as an NFL QB with the style of play he has relied on for success.

I'm still holding out some hope, but if he can't convert wins in the 4Q with coaches, running game, and defense giving him a shot to win the game with the final 2 to 3 drives, he won't make it.

Currently, he's 0-3 in these GWD opportunities. 0-5 will shut the door on him being a championship level QB. Young QBs may struggle in games, but they still convert 20% to 30% GWD if they'rechampionship level - even on a bad team.

3 minutes ago, CPantherKing said:

Young will be a good coach one day. I don't see him as an NFL QB with the style of play he has relied on for success.

I'm still holding out some hope, but if he can't convert wins in the 4Q with coaches, running game, and defense giving him a shot to win the game with the final 2 to 3 drives, he won't make it.

Currently, he's 0-3 in these GWD opportunities. 0-5 will shut the door on him being a championship level QB. Young QBs may struggle in games, but they still convert 20% to 30% GWD if they'rechampionship level - even on a bad team.

running game? 

Martin Lawrence Lol GIF by Martin

5 hours ago, GhostWhispah said:

It wasn't abandoned but we cannot get open down field due to lack of separation from their underrated secondary. However, we can get your Sam D that you want so badly over Bryce to pass down field to his favorite ghost receivers. Enjoy!

Ah yes, GW...once again, you mischaracterize me. I am not a fan of Darnold. I didn't want him 2 years ago. I just merely presented a fact that the team had a winning record under he and Wilks last year. But facts are very inconvenient to you GW. 

Frankly, I grow weary of arguing with someone who has so little credibility, based on how wrong you've been. And the fact you keep making wrong assumptions about me.

Hey! I didn't know where to make an introduction. I am a Houston Texans fan but I live here in North Carolina. Given that we are in separate conferences and I have friends that are Panthers fans I do follow them. In other words I come in peace! 

I have been a Texans fan from the beginning and truthfully I was livid when the Texans won the last game of the season last year as I wanted Bryce, fwiw in my very non professional football opinion we haven't seen enough of any of the rookies to make any definitive statements. I mean if you're picking in the top 10 you've got some holes to fill. 

It will be interesting to see how Richardson, Stroud and Young develop. I've got my popcorn. 

• Pie 1

Side Note: 

First THREE games of the year stats: 

Allen:  786 yards,5 TDs, 3 INT, 1 Fumble, 54% completion on 93 attemps.. sacks (2)..

(Out of the full season he had 5 games without a passing TD and went 3 games throwing under 100 yds. (OC: Brian Daboll iirc)

Young: 503 yards, 2 TDs, 2 INTs, 3 Fumbles, 65% completion rate...103 attemps..sacks (11) ...has thrown over 200 yards once. (OC: Frank Reich)

Take from that what you will. 

And for fun...

Clausen(Full Season): 1558 yards, 3 TDs, 9 INTs, 9 Fumbles, 52.5 completion..300 attemps...sacks (33)..

Smh

Edited by ColumbusCounty