• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peppers w/long term contract or 1st rnd pick with cap space

cheynehowell

Peppers will be tagged so his decision doesn't matter and most likley kept unless an unrealistically huge offer comes in.

If we tag Peppers and pay him 20 million bucks instead of upgrading MULTIPLE positions then Hurney really is a moron. How the hell do you justify trading a first round draft pick THIS YEAR to get Everette Brown when you aren't even going to play him??

Peppers had 10.5 sacks this year and 4 FF. Elvis Dumervil, a guy that makes a fraction of what Peppers makes had 17 sacks and 4 FF while receiving as much attention from OLs as Peppers.

You don't have to have an athletic freak rushing the passer to be successful. You can have a great scheme and guys with motors and be just as good, while upgrading other positions as well.

I just don't want to franchise him. If you can get him for a long-term deal then I guess go ahead and do it. I feel like we are set at most positions on this team unless we lose Marshall or TD...which I don't think we will.

I am fine with continuing to sign veterans to play NT. Big old guys are some of the best DTs in the game. It is really difficult for a rookie to come in and make an impact at the NT position right away which is what we need. If we resigned Pep, TD, and Marshall I'd be happy. Then we could focus our attention on getting a playmaker at WR (Golden Tate) and we could look at a FA NT like Casey Hampton to fill in that hole.

Getting those 3 guys resigned to reasonable deals (difficult with JP) and signing a guy like Hampton, Coefield, or Pickett would be a successful offseason for free agency. Then we would just need to focus on drafting a guy that could step right in for our offense.

If we tag Peppers and pay him 20 million bucks instead of upgrading MULTIPLE positions then Hurney really is a moron. How the hell do you justify trading a first round draft pick THIS YEAR to get Everette Brown when you aren't even going to play him??

Peppers had 10.5 sacks this year and 4 FF. Elvis Dumervil, a guy that makes a fraction of what Peppers makes had 17 sacks and 4 FF while receiving as much attention from OLs as Peppers.

You don't have to have an athletic freak rushing the passer to be successful. You can have a great scheme and guys with motors and be just as good, while upgrading other positions as well.

This has been my stance all along (hit the road) since last training camp. It just didnt make much sense, business and monitarily wise, to pay one player that much. We can have a sh!ty season without him... He had some decent stats but I'd be nice to get something for him but see ya if we cant get something negotiated that is cap friendly.

Archived