• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Saints Play by Play

Moonshine

I listened to the Saints play by play on Sirius today. They announcer (Not even sure who it was) made a curious comment. He said that " Jake Delhomme would be run out of town if he played on any other team in the NFL". He based this "opinion" on the fact that Jake was not exciting and flashy enough. Sounded like a weak smack attempt from a homer announcer whose team's season was over before the game started. What say ye?

Brees almost set and record and his team is sitting at home for the playoffs

Jake may not be flashy but he gets the stats that matter.... WINS

I hope that homer announcer enjoys Jake's "dullness" as we hey a SB win

Here is a great example of a Panther fan trying to twist the truth. I heard Hokie Gajan make the comment that the poster mentioned. Here is what he said, "Jake came in the game with 14 TD's and 12 int.'s and in most situations that would get the QB run out of town but Jake brings so much more too this team than stats and all he does is win so the stats are overlooked and I would overlook them too. He is not flashy and not real impressive but when you get wins who cares"

Sounds like a great compliment from a fellow cajun to me.

The color guy, whoever he was, made the positive comment. I'm talking about the play by play announcer. The color guy spent most of the afternoon covering for the play by play guy and ripped your safety play in the 4th qtr too. He seemed like a knowledgeable feller. And for what it's worth, I think our play by play guy (Mixon) is much worse than yours.

You sound like you got some sour grapes down there in the cellar.

All that Jake does is bring the team back to win in the fourth quarter. He did last week as well but the kick was wide left. When we got the ball back with 2 minutes left I knew he was going bring us down the field. It was a just a matter of whether Kasay makes the kick.

Tell me what Jake did today to lead his team back? Handed the ball off and threw up a prayer that no one but Smith would have caught. Wow what clutch play!

All these years as a starter with different players around him and different defenses and Jake is 54 wins and like 30 losses.

This year his stats haven't been all that because we have a running game that is getting the job done. That's not Jake's fault. He's gotten us wins singlehandedly plenty before. Not being a homer but the fact is that about half of his INT's this year have been tipped or one of our offensive players has had a hand on it first. There haven't been near as many bone headed throws.

What makes us so dangerous this year is that we have a running game that we haven't had in many years. And an experienced QB in Delhomme that will make your defense pay if you concentrate on the running game too much he will throw and connect a 50 yarder to Smith to fug you over.

How many games this year has Delhomme thrown a 50 yard bomb to seal a win?

Archived