• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Frank Reich telling Bryce who to throw to on each play?

NAS

Just now, Pantha-kun said:

Tell that to CJ and AR,  Einstein.  They also have rookie Head Coaches and dont have the greatest staff or stocked with pro bowlers all over the roster. 

So those two are fuggin great now right?  3 games in…you truly are a brilliant football mind.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Shocker said:

So those two are fuggin great now right?  3 games in…you truly are a brilliant football mind.

Lets make a bet. If Bryce is a bust you get banned for life. If he turns into a pro bowler I get banned for life. 

Theyre several times better than Minnie Mouse here. 

1 minute ago, Pantha-kun said:

Lets make a bet. If Bryce is a bust you get banned for life. If he turns into a pro bowler I get banned for life. 

Theyre several times better than Minnie Mouse here. 

This childish and ridiculous going back and forth with you, bye

I'm with Shocker on this.  3 games under what everyone here on the board says is a terrible coaching staff that needs to be fired immediately.

Is it BY then? 

Also, playing with a line that doesn't know protection schemes and looks disjointed with the injuries and offensive changes since last year.  Let's throw in the fact that we look to have the worst WR/TE room in the NFL and I am not throwing the kid under the bus.

2 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

Panthers Culture drums up a lot of dumb takes... I wouldnt dive into them too far.  There are play designs that are targeted for specific recievers. In this case it was probably a route combination that was specifically run through with Thielen in practice. 

Reich fuged up, but there is no way he is telling Bryce who to throw it to. Every play has a "go to" reciever. 

Frank literally said he dialed up a play that could ONLY go to Theilen.   Not that he was the primary read or first read.  His direct quote was it could ONLY go to Theilen.

it’s a clown show.  Now I don’t think he tells him what to do every play but Frank is a joke.  He admitted to adding in some deep plays for Dalton.  Which sure seems to imply he didn’t have them in for Bryce because it’s not like we suddenly went crazy with it.  Just NFL normal. He apparently does have plays where the ball can only go to 1 WR too.  Frank is a joke.  And if the top is a joke the team is a joke.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Shocker said:

He has played 3 NFL games…3!  This team is not talented on offense either.  Go find another team

The problem is that they sold the fans on Bryce being worth trading away our top WR and our future with all the picks for this QB because the rest of the team was built to contend right now if we dropped in the right QB.  I also don't think it's fair to say this team isn't talented, it's the same OL as last year (granted injuries) with most of the same WRs except losing DJ and adding Thielen, Chark, Mingo, which while none are as good as DJ, on the collective that's actually an upgraded WR room overall, and a more talented (albeit overpaid) RB in Sanders over Foreman.

You can't do all that and then play the way Bryce has, whether that's fair to him as a rookie or not, it's just the truth.  Maybe some of it is the coaching and play calling, that's of course fair to say, but Bryce just hasn't looked good, there's no other way to put it.  

The scary part is the part of him that was supposed to be next level, his seeing of the field, his movement in the pocket, his processing, etc, has not been seen outside of a very select few plays.  

Then some of the concerns with him as a prospect have been seen already with his size/strength being a limitation and staying healthy.  Dalton was able to throw downfield just fine with the same players around him, in the pouring rain, but Bryce just can't do it and is very skittish in the pocket.

Trading away the 1st pick in the draft in a season with someone like Caleb Williams, to take the QB who lead you to that last place finish, while not showing his supposed pre-draft strengths and showing his pre-draft concerns, would be epically bad.  

Just now, CRA said:

Frank literally said he dialed up a play that could ONLY go to Theilen.   Not that he was the primary read or first read.  His direct quote was it could ONLY go to Theilen.

it’s a clown show.  

I think it's more just that he didn't think through his exact words before saying them.

I'd bet good money that what he really meant was, "I called a play with a 1st read that I wouldn't call for any other player than Thielen" which is totally fair to say.

Not defending the coaches, but I think that is one to just nitpick specific words when you know what he REALLY meant by it.

3 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

I think it's more just that he didn't think through his exact words before saying them.

I'd bet good money that what he really meant was, "I called a play with a 1st read that I wouldn't call for any other player than Thielen" which is totally fair to say.

Not defending the coaches, but I think that is one to just nitpick specific words when you know what he REALLY meant by it.

Week prior he admitted he had to put in some deep plays because Dalton was the QB.  Frank was literally just fired for being a trainwreck playcaller.  Frank’s just bad at his job.  

we got a limited rookie QB.  You need great/strong playcalling with that.  Not Frank Reich 

• Pie 1

Yeah don’t think so. Was likely something Thielen ran through with the coaches in practice or something they had been building up to during the game based off of what Thielen was doing. (Ex. Calling a sluggo when you been having him run slants in a certain set all day).

I do think Bryce is not given permission to change things at the line. I think he is given play X and depending how the defense aligns he kills it and goes to Y. I don’t think he has the staff’s confidence to tweak routes at the line, change motions, or adjust protections in the backfield or anything other than kill the play and run the secondary call.

I think Dalton did and that’s why you seen part of what you seen last week, but I also think Dalton wasn’t afraid to take a shot on his more aggressive routes as well.