• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ikem Ekwonu's future on this team

Mage

Just now, top dawg said:

All you had to do was watch the draft to know who was in control. Not only was it stated I don't know how many times that Rhule was the man in charge, but all you had to do was watch body language. 

It hardly matters though, because things aren't necessarily making Fitt smell like roses currently either.

I wanted Fitt gone with Rhule. Either he assisted in some really bad moves or he was strictly a yes man and gets no credit. Either way, nothing was good enough and without Rhule our drafting and trades are looking about the same.

One other note is the draft is making the picks. Before that is the evaluation the creates the teams draft board and strategy. 4 weeks in and our QB evaluation of Corral over Howell and Young over Stroud and Richardson looks awful.

• Pie 5
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, WhoKnows said:

Nope. Was Fitt saying pick someone else and Rhule forced his hand?

"Nope" what?  Rhule was up giving everyone high fives when Ekwonu fell to #6. The video made it very clear that Ekwonu was Rhule's guy. 

So, you're saying he wasn't? How do you know this? Did you talk to Rhule and Fitterer about the pick? Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe I read too much into Rhule giving everyone high fives and throwing a party in the War Room. 

Please, tell us what happened behind the scenes.

1 hour ago, WhoKnows said:

I wanted Fitt gone with Rhule. Either he assisted in some really bad moves or he was strictly a yes man and gets no credit. Either way, nothing was good enough and without Rhule our drafting and trades are looking about the same.

One other note is the draft is making the picks. Before that is the evaluation the creates the teams draft board and strategy. 4 weeks in and our QB evaluation of Corral over Howell and Young over Stroud and Richardson looks awful.

Absolutely all true. But I fear it boils down to something even worse. The Tepper's overruled and steered the pick toward Bryce Young.

Just now, jayboogieman said:

Some are hate watching Nebraska games or at least keeping up with them as well. Rhule is gone, it's way past time to let him go.

Well now that you mention that. We as Panthers fans have taken glee in watching Rhule look bad since we fired him. We did the same with Ron Rivera for a time. Then we came to the realization that all we've done since firing him is hire downgrades. Maybe it's time we worry about our own backyard so to speak. Matt Rhule was and stil is laughing all the way to the bank. The breadcrumbs of this disaster all lead to David Tepper.

Just now, Hogan said:

I know there are those who have said this. Is this true?

Obviously no one here is in the room with our front office and we cannot confirm. But Tepper is on video saying he told Bryce Young about 8 months ago we wanted him. Once Tepper and Nicole showed up to Bryce's proday and embraced him all odds of him as the pick began shifting overwhelmingly to Bryce Young. If your boss and his wife love the kid who the hell are you to say no? It's obvious at this point based on the Matt Rhule hire that David Tepper is very hands on. He's in and on the phone in like every behind the scenes videos of our picks getting phone calls on draft night even the failed long snapper we drafted (lol). He made zero attempt to confer or even speak to anyone with years of NFL experience before hopping on his jet with Marty Hurney and swooning over Matt Rhule. Clearly he meddles.

4 minutes ago, frankw said:

Obviously no one here is in the room with our front office and we cannot confirm. But Tepper is on video saying he told Bryce Young about 8 months ago we wanted him. Once Tepper and Nicole showed up to Bryce's proday and embraced him all odds of him as the pick began shifting overwhelmingly to Bryce Young. If your boss and his wife love the kid who the hell are you to say no? It's obvious at this point based on the Matt Rhule hire that David Tepper is very hands on. He's in and on the phone in like every behind the scenes videos of our picks getting phone calls on draft night even the failed long snapper we drafted (lol). He made zero attempt to confer or even speak to anyone with years of NFL experience before hopping on his jet with Marty Hurney and swooning over Matt Rhule. Clearly he meddles.

Thanks