• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

College Football - Week 5

Shocker

21 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Durham looks so boring.

Tell that to all the transplants that continue to move here. Please tell them that, for the love of GOD tell them that. I'm tired of this shitt. Please tell everyone you see how you think Durham is boring. Because there is way too many million dollar apartments going up downtown for me to make sense of it. LET THE WORLD KNOW DURHAM IS BORING. 

On 9/30/2023 at 6:08 AM, OUCPFL said:

USC's defense will keep Colorado in it. 

Their defense allowed 28 points to a left for dead Arizona State team. ASU only lost by 14. 

Riley's teams are lazy and have no spark vs opponents their anticipated to destroy/beat. I expect this game to be close because of Riley's ineptitude to motivate his players. 

I think Riley might be .500 vs the spread in his entire tenure at this point. 

Unimpressive Riley is unimpressive. 

10 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Oh man, Duke's QB got hurt after the ND TD? I turned it off when ND scored. I fuging hate duke but that fuging sucks if that's what happened. I don't allow my hate for programs bleed over into hating individual kids.

Except for Gerald Henderson. Fug that guy.

Can't hate something that's been irrelevant for over 30 years. You just feel sorry for them. 

If you hate Duke football fans (because most of them don't exist), you got serious issues. 

7 hours ago, GhostWhispah said:

OSU tend to be overrated for the CFP and should just stick to the BCS. Not sure why they keep getting the best 5 star receiving recruits to commit.

Because Hartline is a stud recruiter and WRs who go to OSU tend to show out and go to the NFL?  Also weird to say Notre Dame is legit and then dismiss OSU who beat them, plus pushed Georgia to the brink last year, lol

1 hour ago, OUCPFL said:

Tell that to all the transplants that continue to move here. Please tell them that, for the love of GOD tell them that. I'm tired of this shitt. Please tell everyone you see how you think Durham is boring. Because there is way too many million dollar apartments going up downtown for me to make sense of it. LET THE WORLD KNOW DURHAM IS BORING. 

LMAO 

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The only people who care about the spread are gamblers. To everyone else it's all Ws and Ls.

For the NFL, sure. But if you're getting by, by the skin of your teeth in College. It shows your team isn't complete and has issues on either side of the ball, and that's why USC dropped 3 spots last weekend and will drop again today in the Polls. You can't expect to win by 21 an then win by 7 and it be okay in CFB. Unless you're Georgia, which has the benefit of the doubt (back to back Natty's). Riley and USC in general do not. 

Here to teach you about CFB. You're welcome. 

Edited by OUCPFL

3 minutes ago, OUCPFL said:

For the NFL, sure. But if you're getting by, by the skin of your teeth in College. It shows your team isn't complete and has issues on either side of the ball, and that's why USC dropped 3 spots last weekend and will drop again today in the Polls. You can't expect to win by 21 an then win by 7 and it be okay in CFB. Unless you're Georgia, which has the benefit of the doubt (back to back Natty's). Riley and USC in general do not. 

What is the typical spread for a Riley coached team? It's probably huge. The spread is Vegas trying to get equal money on both sides of the ledger. The whole point is for you to go .500 against the spread. That's just odds makers doing their job really well. This isn't difficult stuff to understand, man.

You're trying to act like the smartest guy in the room but coming off as anything but that in your attempts.

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

What is the typical spread for a Riley coached team? It's probably huge. The spread is Vegas trying to get equal money on both sides of the ledger. The whole point is for you to go .500 against the spread. That's just odds makers doing their job really well. This isn't difficult stuff to understand, man.

You're trying to act like the smartest guy in the room but coming off as anything but that in your attempts.

Ha. Well. Enlighten me. If the spread just mattered in Vegas, and well that's it. Why does USC drop in the polls? They're winning and that's all that matters according to you. 

And yeah, I've been watching CFB a lot longer than you. I know how this works, if you're anticipated to beat the hell out of a team and you have a "struggle win" that's what us CFB lifers call basically struggling vs a very meager opponent. The polls and CFP people notice. That's why Riley has this stigma. 

But according to you, spreads are just for Vegas and bettors, right? 

Edited by OUCPFL

Since you're a UNC fan, did you forget how UNC had that "struggle win" vs App State earlier this year and fell in the polls? Because the spread was over 14 points for UNC that game and they eeked out a win vs a very, very, meager opponent. 

Edited by OUCPFL

8 minutes ago, OUCPFL said:

Only affects early season really. If USC wins every game by 3 but they go undefeated they are still going to the college football playoff. 

Just now, Varking said:

Only affects early season really. If USC wins every game by 3 but they go undefeated they are still going to the college football playoff. 

It'll effect them in the CFP rankings as well. You can't continue to struggle win vs meager opponents and not get docked for it. 

Plus, USC will lose to Oregon, Washington, hell maybe even another team because of that atrocious defense. Their schedule down the road is brutal.