• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Do we have a leader back...

KBRed

...or is Peppers playing for a contract somewhere else?

It is obvious Peppers is playing better. He looks more energized and is finally being a playmaker.

I know everyone is thinking the same thing, but everytime they show him recently he is talking up teammates and high-fiving guys like I've never seen.

My thoughts last year was that he wanted another defensive coordinator. With Meeks in place, I think Pep actually wants to stay.

Your thoughts?

If he was pissed because he thought Jake was holding the Panthers back (as was speculated last year), then maybe that has passed now that Moore is the QB. If it was DC, perhaps Meeks has solved that problem. If he's not a Fox guy...goodbye Julius.

He is a mystery.

The year of his off-season, he "had no respect for the coach". This year he ignored a contract that would've made him the highest paid defensive player in history, until Haynesworth and Nmandi signed theirs. Then he had a streaky season this year. I've heard no rumblings about any dislike of the Meeks system from him or anyone else, and watching him pop Moore on the helmet after the Smitty (or Moose) TD today was great. On the local highlights show, he was the Player of the Game and gave an all-smiles, peppy interview and seemed reved up for next week's game. To be honest, I think the majority of Peppers issues are a direct result of his personal life. If he's happy off the field, he's happy on it.

I don't, however, want to franchise him as I don't think we'll get what we want for him and we don't want to pay him $20m. If he's willing to accept a long-term deal though, I'm all for him finishing out his career here.

There is no doubt that he seems a lot happier recently. It's all speculation, but i could be a combination of Meek's defense and new spirit that the team seems to have with Moore behind center.

That what I been thinking as well. When we first got Meeks & heard how some of the defense players said it different than what Trgo did along with being happy with the playcall, I figure Pep will love it. Seem like I was right so far with how he brought a new raw emotion to the defense & it should be another reason we need to keep Meeks for several years. Hopefully Pep too.

Wouldn't be surprised if the Panthers offered him a very big contract this offseason, mebbe the highest paid D player in the league... Despite the fact he's been said to take some plays off, he's had a number of great games this season... before his hand was broken he was constantly in the backfield, disrupting plays...

Archived