• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sherlock Holmes

pstall

I thought it was a great movie. They played up the 'gay' angle in the television promos, but in the actual movie I think the 'bromance' (as gay as that word is in its own right) description was more fitting. I thought the Frodo/Samwise dynamic in LOTR was gay...this was more like a frat boy who was pouting over losing his best friend to a woman.

I hope they do a sequel; I'd watch a couple more with that cast of characters.

A womanizer, no. But clean? Wasn't he addicted to cocaine in the books?

As a "House" fan, I was impressed with how similar the relationship between Holmes and Watson, and House and Wilson is. With Holmes constantly testing the bounds of the friendship, and intentionally pissing off his best and only friend. And Holmes delving into periods of self-destruction and addiction when his mind isn't occupied with a case. I think I will enjoy house even more now I know how close it is to the material it's inspired by.

Yeah, he did it all cocaine, heroin and opium.

The clean thing, that was just something I got from the books, maybe even OCD.

• 4 months later...

Watched it the other night. Loved it!! I did get a little bored around the 1:20 minute mark. It could have been about 15 minutes shorter. But other than that I thought it was great. RDJ can do no wrong right now, and if anybody but him had done the movie it would not have been as good. Can't wait for the sequel.

Archived