• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Buyer's Remorse

Bama Panther

Wifes friend bought two brand new vehicles 3 years ago. I told her they were fools. They had no business or the income to justify the expense.

Well, wouldnt you know, they fell on hard times 6 months ago. Upside down on the cars, so they couldnt sell them (why not?). Wife loans them $500. Girl wrecks car last week. Is now talking about getting a new Highlander. She still hasnt paid us back the $500.

You are definitely correct, HP. It is a complete luxury, but it is something that we plan to have for at least 10 years. We plan to have it longer if it holds up. I had my first automobile for 14 years before getting rid of it. I really take care of cars and don't view them as an investment. I may not get $45k of happinenss out of it, but our family will get much more than $45k of use out of it.

This is a second car. Mine was ridiculously cheap, so this doesn't do that much damage in all reality.

My son is only five months old, and I will be able to transfer my GI Bill benefits to him. I just wanted to start an ESA for a back-up. It is the second, and so on, child that we really need to fully fund an ESA for.

Then Enjoy it! Sounds like an awesome car.

I always said when I made a few bucks i was going to get a 5 series BMW brand new. When I finally made a few bucks and had $50,000 staring me in the face I bout a 5 year old used (luxury) car that will hopefully last 10 years. I am glad I did as about $10k of what I paid ended up going to unexpected expenses.

Being a grown up is expensive :(

My buddy says if you have cash, put it in your house or kids first. After you have 6 months emergency fund of course.

I still want that BMW.

I always said when I made a few bucks i was going to get a 5 series BMW brand new. When I finally made a few bucks and had $50,000 staring me in the face I bout a 5 year old used (luxury) car that will hopefully last 10 years. I am glad I did as about $10k of what I paid ended up going to unexpected expenses.

Being a grown up is expensive :(

My buddy says if you have cash, put it in your house or kids first. After you have 6 months emergency fund of course.

I still want that BMW.

I never was a car person, but 5 years ago, i had a paid off Expedition and wanted a car. Bought a 5 series, Pre-Owned. Then traded it for an M3, again Pre-Owned. It blew up and luckily the warranty was still good and they replaced the engine...

I sold the M3 and bought a Subaru. Basically a beater...wife drives a nicer car. Id still like to have a nicer car, but i dont have a garage and that keeps me from buying one...

Archived