• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Which " NFL Team" would you want your next GM groomed from?!

TheBigKat

3 hours ago, TheBigKat said:

there's only one Howie Roseman and he was on the verge of being fired long ago, not sure his style would translate well here

SF on the other hand, is that John Lynch or Kyle Shanahan. Their defense is masking how badly they blundered the Trey Lance trade

Their offense is arguably better than their defense. 

What's masking that trade is hitting jackpot on Purdy.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, toldozer said:

The problem is he and Nicole would be the ones hiring the person to run the front office. So they'd also be trash. I swear to God we should have just kept Rivera and Hurney. 

Yup, consultant time or bust again until they get lucky.  

Naw, Ron needed the change and getting fired woke him up. He was dead at the wheel by the end of 2019 and that 3-4 switch. Cam gone, Luke taking big head injuries and JR being gone after getting thrown out was a huge load on that man. 

Fug Hurney, he should never have been brought back. For me that's like wishing JR was still here, hard pass for me. Another GM might have helped save Ron and teach Tepper as a rookie but we had Hurney teaching Tepper and in on the Rhule hire. Fug no

Can the answer be a mix?

I'd like a draft evaluator from the Eagles system (clearly the best drafting team in recent years)

I'd like a cap manager from the Saints system (still have no idea how they do what they do with the cap)

I'd like a free agency person from the Patriots system (have consistently found ways to fill their holes over the years to stay competitive)

6 hours ago, Waldo said:

Naw, Ron needed the change and getting fired woke him up. He was dead at the wheel by the end of 2019 and that 3-4 switch. Cam gone, Luke taking big head injuries and JR being gone after getting thrown out was a huge load on that man. 

Fug Hurney, he should never have been brought back. For me that's like wishing JR was still here, hard pass for me. Another GM might have helped save Ron and teach Tepper as a rookie but we had Hurney teaching Tepper and in on the Rhule hire. Fug no

Honestly one of Richardsons sons doesn't sound too bad right about now. Tepper didn't want mediocrity but I would be all for it right now. Richardson Rivera and Hurney brought mediocrity.  We haven't sniffed that under Tepper or anyone he's hired.

Edited by toldozer
  • Pie 1

17 hours ago, BeenPounding said:

We have him on staff.  Dan Morgan from the Bills.  Honestly, our issue is that the GM and HC are not in full lockstep.  We need a package deal so both the GM and HC know what they are really looking for in a player.

Fire Fitterer and Reich. Promote Morgan and Evero. 

13 hours ago, Waldo said:

I think we are underselling how much Tepper buying the team impacted Rivera. Cam recently said that the whole vibe changed and that suddenly the players had no voice with the owner. 

• Beer 1

10 hours ago, toldozer said:

Honestly one of Richardsons sons doesn't sound too bad right about now. Tepper didn't want mediocrity but I would be all for it right now. Richardson Rivera and Hurney brought mediocrity.  We haven't sniffed that under Tepper or anyone he's hired.

I think JR fired them because they weren't up to his standards, which are generally accepted as mediocre. I think you might just be digging a new hole with one of his kids.

I have given up on NFL ownership. There are some well regarded owners but those are the same ones that don't poop where their teams play so that is about as good as you are going to get. 

8 minutes ago, Waldo said:

I think JR fired them because they weren't up to his standards, which are generally accepted as mediocre. I think you might just be digging a new hole with one of his kids.

I have given up on NFL ownership. There are some well regarded owners but those are the same ones that don't poop where their teams play so that is about as good as you are going to get. 

I'm not digging a hole. I'd take that over what teppers delivered.  It literally can't be worse. You could run the team and couldn't do any worse then Tepper has done. We've average 5 wins a year since he's taken over and are bottom 4 in the league in wins. Yet below us are Jacksonville Detroit and the jets. I would kill for the talent on all of those teams. It would have been better to completely bottom out to 2 or 3 wins but we've put bandaid after bandaid to get to a ceiling of 7 wins. And what did that cost us? Our two best offensive players and next years first round pick. And what did that deliver? Another 5 win team without a first round pick and it's two most productive offensive players. Tell me you or anyone you would have hired would have done something so inconceivably stupid.

34 minutes ago, toldozer said:

I'm not digging a hole. I'd take that over what teppers delivered.  It literally can't be worse. You could run the team and couldn't do any worse then Tepper has done. We've average 5 wins a year since he's taken over and are bottom 4 in the league in wins. Yet below us are Jacksonville Detroit and the jets. I would kill for the talent on all of those teams. It would have been better to completely bottom out to 2 or 3 wins but we've put bandaid after bandaid to get to a ceiling of 7 wins. And what did that cost us? Our two best offensive players and next years first round pick. And what did that deliver? Another 5 win team without a first round pick and it's two most productive offensive players. Tell me you or anyone you would have hired would have done something so inconceivably stupid.

It absolutely could be the same tho with some of the word about what they got up to when they worked here.

It's bad and Tepper isn't going anywhere unfortunately. Yes I would take bunch of the posters on the board over the Ts. But I couldn't tell you someone that is rich enough that's worth wishing for. I always saw Tepper or whoever as being like playing russian roulette with all but one round loaded. Well shocker we didn't win that game

17 hours ago, tukafan21 said:

Can the answer be a mix?

I'd like a draft evaluator from the Eagles system (clearly the best drafting team in recent years)

I'd like a cap manager from the Saints system (still have no idea how they do what they do with the cap)

I'd like a free agency person from the Patriots system (have consistently found ways to fill their holes over the years to stay competitive)

I still laugh that people think the Saints were cap masters. They weren’t. They just paid their stars. We spent $61M on Teddy, Sam and Baker. We signed Olsen to a $17M two year deal after his first injury and got nothing. We paid $13M to Short after he hurt his should and like Olsen got nothing. We traded for Okung instead of picks and paid $13.5M for 6 games after he missed a season. We paid $28M to Paradis for bad play after a huge injury.

That’s $132M+ for bad results and I’m not even including the Chosen, Donte and Thomas deals. Include those extensions for below average and bad play and you are at $208M.

That’s why we always seemed poor and the Saints always seemed like they could do anything.

$208M for Teddy, Sam, Baker, Donte, Okung, Paradis, Olsen with one foot, Short with no shoulder, Okung’s last injury plagued year, unhealthy and bad Paradis, Chosen’s worst two years and the amazing Ian Thomas. That’s basically the entire 2022 salary cap spent on play we could have gotten from players on vet minimum deals.