• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Xbox360 or PS3? Help!

mrmiyagii

Xbox 360 vs PS3  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Xbox 360 vs PS3

If you don't prefer multi-taskers, do you use a computer?

Yep...but I don't run programs from the optical drive when they can be done more efficiently from the hard drive. Same reasoning for copying 360 games to the HDD...especially in light of all the trouble people have had with 360's dvd drives. In the end, the xbox can continue to be used if the hard drive fails, but it can't if the dvd drive does.

I have had my original 20GB ps3 since launch day and haven't had a problem with it playing games and blu ray. And that is generally what happens with superiorly made products (such as sony vs microsoft) & components. They don't wear out easily.

EZ there fanboy...we had a Playstation from your superior Sony corporation...though I can't figure out for the life of me why such a superior product needed to be stood up or completely flipped over for the disc drive to read game discs less than 2 yrs after it was bought.

oh it's the best of a genre of like four games great

It's a game you either love or hate, I'm not arguing that. Those of you who hate it, hate it for the save system, how stupidly difficult it is and all that jazz, but those of us who love it, love it for those same reasons.

Oh yeah, In case you guys are still wondering I went with the PS3, and I must say I am impressed with this system. Thank you guys for making this happen cuz i basically went with the poll result :P

I got the 250gb slim ps3 a few weeks ago and I really love it as well.. so many exclusives that I actually like ftw. :D

The marketing dept at Microsoft is amazing, people are actually defending a product that is known to break constantly. Amazing

well games worth playing make the decision easier, and all of its hardware problems are overblown as hell

The marketing dept at Microsoft is amazing, people are actually defending a product that is known to break constantly. Amazing

People did the same with the PS2. It was estimated that as many as half of all PS2 sales were purchased by people who already had a PS2 previously.

People like what they like. Video game systems have always had high failure rates. There are few exceptions, but in general they're not very reliable. The Xbox 360 definitely has the highest failure rate this go around, but the new ones have a much lower failure rate.

I'm not a "fan" of either system, nor do I own either one.

I just can't wrap my head around paying that kind of cash for a system that is so unreliable. If I can't take care of it and make it last I don't want it.

I still have my original NES, Genesis, Dreamcast, PS2 and they all still work perfectly.

But I'm not your usual gamer anyways, so you hardcore guys shouldn't care about my opinion.

I have had four 360's in my life and two of them still worked, one RR'd and I got fixed by a local repair shop and the other I sent into MS cause the laser died. And I still recommend it. The online experience and the catalog of games is the reason. Now that being said, I already have a stand alone Bluray player and I'm currently saving up for a PS3.

Archived