• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Xbox360 or PS3? Help!

mrmiyagii

Xbox 360 vs PS3  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Xbox 360 vs PS3

A couple of those games are kind of graphic. How old are your kids, if you don't mind me asking?

Oldest will be 18 tomorrow and the younger is 12. The Call of Duty games are for the older son. Assassin's Creed was given to my younger son but I have a feeling I should probably have a look at it too.

Assasin's Creed is not as bad as some other games out there. But it's still pretty bloody. Take a look at it.

I have a 6 year old so i have to be a little more careful than you. I don't mind the cartoonish violence or sci-fi stuff like Star Wars or Batman, but i can't let him watch me play MW2.

I have both, and am not a "fanboy" of either. So with that being said, my XBOX 360 pretty much just sits there not getting used.

Reasons to go with the PS3:

- Free online play with friends. (Microsoft charges for xbox live).

- Sony doesn't nickel and dime you with things to buy for the PS3. (Ie - controller chargers, an intercooler, wireless adapter, etc).

- BLU RAY included! What does the 360 give you? A regular old dvd player.

- Much more intuitive home screen.

- Most of games on xbox are on ps3 anyway.

- Don't have to deal with the red ring of death.

- Better processor.

Go with the PS3. You won't be disappointed.

Assasin's Creed is not as bad as some other games out there. But it's still pretty bloody. Take a look at it.

I did google AC + sex shortly after posting....found a bunch of screenshots and they're very tame.

This would be the least of my concerns...I'd sooner have a standalone BR player. I wouldn't want to be wearing out the one component on my gaming system that's most required to play games with. When it comes to mechanical components, I don't prefer multi-taskers. As it is, I make my kids copy all their 360 games to the system HDD to minimize wear on the Xbox's dvd drive.

I did google AC + sex shortly after posting....found a bunch of screenshots and they're very tame.

This would be the least of my concerns...i'd sooner have a standalone BR player. I wouldn't want to be wearing out the one component on my gaming system that's most required to play games with. When it comes to mechanical components, I don't prefer multi-taskers. As it is, I make my kids copy all their 360 games to the system HDD to minimize wear on the Xbox's dvd drive.

If you don't prefer multi-taskers, do you use a computer? I have had my original 20GB ps3 since launch day and haven't had a problem with it playing games and blu ray. And that is generally what happens with superiorly made products (such as sony vs microsoft) & components. They don't wear out easily. I'm glad microsoft doesn't make TVs. They would last about a month.

I have both, and am not a "fanboy" of either. So with that being said, my XBOX 360 pretty much just sits there not getting used.

Reasons to go with the PS3:

- Free online play with friends. (Microsoft charges for xbox live).

- Sony doesn't nickel and dime you with things to buy for the PS3. (Ie - controller chargers, an intercooler, wireless adapter, etc).

- Much more intuitive home screen.

- Most of games on xbox are on ps3 anyway.

- Don't have to deal with the red ring of death.

- Better processor.

Go with the PS3. You won't be disappointed.

I disagree with a lot of those, but to each his own.

I do wish the Xbox 360 had blu-ray, but it does offer 1080p streaming now. Things are going to continue to move more and more to a digital medium anyway rather than physical. Soon new releases will be available for stream in 1080p same day as they are available for purchase.

Xbox Live is better than PS3 online. You can share videos with your friends and talk across games. It's 4 dollars a month if you buy it from MS. If you're smart enough to look elsewhere online to buy a 12 month card, it's less than that.

It doesn't really matter that the processor is better on the PS3 because developers for cross platform games just develop it using the 360 processor and port it over because the PS3 processor is a pain in the ass to develop for. It will never be fully utilized.

I agree that RROD sucks (my box just started freezing a few days ago), but PS3 has overheating issues as well. It's not as prevalent, but as the developers start to take advantage of the Cell processor and use more of its power, these overheating issues will surface more. My 360 NEVER overheated until I got MW2 and Halo 3 ODST. They were simply too processor intensive and it caused my box to overheat.

On XBox Live, I'm willing to pay for a service which is better. I don't see what's wrong with that. They are certainly not equals, and anyone who tells you so clearly is missing the big picture.

And Dead Rising wasn't terrible. It just wasn't great.

Archived