• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Xbox360 or PS3? Help!

mrmiyagii

Xbox 360 vs PS3  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Xbox 360 vs PS3

They're VERY good about getting you another Xbox in 2-3 weeks. I personally, shipped mine through UPS so it would get there faster but you don't have to pay since MS sends you a shipping label via email.

I had to buy another one because my warranty is way overdue.

A much better selection of games that nobody wants to play.

That was a valid argument 2 years ago. Now it holds no water. Sony put out more exclusive titles than M$ this year and most good games are multi-platform.

Yeah, no.

Left 4 Dead, Left 4 Dead 2, Crackdown, Fable 2, The Splinter Cell series, Dead Rising, Foza 2 and 3, Mass Effect, the Halo series, and the Gears of War series put together best Sony's exclusive line up and that doesn't even included XBLA games and games coming out soon.

Don't get me wrong, the PS3 has some great games, has some great titles on the way and is great as a second console (which is why I got one for christmas this year), but if you want just one console, PS3 can't beat what the 360 has to offer.

Yeah, no.

Left 4 Dead, Left 4 Dead 2, Crackdown, Fable 2, The Splinter Cell series, Dead Rising, Foza 2 and 3, Mass Effect, the Halo series, and the Gears of War series put together best Sony's exclusive line up and that doesn't even included XBLA games and games coming out soon.

Don't get me wrong, the PS3 has some great games, has some great titles on the way and is great as a second console (which is why I got one for christmas this year), but if you want just one console, PS3 can't beat what the 360 has to offer.

I didn't really come here to have a console war but I'll play along. Oh, and i have both consoles as well.

First of all, i said that Sony put out more exclusives this year. I also mentioned "games that people still want to play"

The Left 4 Dead games are fun, but they are not for everyone. I got bored with the first one pretty quickly.

Crackdown had some good concepts but the game was not that special. All of the splinter Cell games were available on the PS2. Only the new one is a Xbox exclusive.

All I have ever heard about Dead Rising is that it was a fun but the save system was terrible and most people didn't finish it.

Forza is a racing game and there are plenty of those available for each system. The Dirt series is the best racing game in town, it's on both systems.

Halo is the most overrated game ever and i personally hate it.

Mass Effect is a space RPG. The ultimate nerd game:).

Gears of War is a great single player game but the multiplayer is awful.

Most of those games are old and nobody wants to play them anyway.

It's just a myth that there aren't that many games for the ps3. Infamous, MLB the Show 09, Killzone 2, Uncharted 2, Demon's Soul's, Ratchet & Clank. All of those are great and compete with anything M$ has put out. And that was just in 09. There are a bunch more coming like God of War 3, MAG, Heavy Rain, etc.

It's a great time to be a gamer.

There is no way I would ever buy anything with a ~50% failure rate
That's how Microsoft lost me as a potential customer. I had issues with my PS2 with the infamous disc read error problem and I was quite willing to switch because of the library of games.

With the PS3 finally starting to hit its stride, I don't feel the need to make a switch anymore.

I didn't really come here to have a console war but I'll play along. Oh, and i have both consoles as well.

First of all, i said that Sony put out more exclusives this year. I also mentioned "games that people still want to play"

The Left 4 Dead games are fun, but they are not for everyone. I got bored with the first one pretty quickly. What PS3 game sold more than 2 million copies this year?

Crackdown had some good concepts but the game was not that special. Without Crackdown, there's no Infamous, one of PS3s better titles

All of the splinter Cell games were available on the PS2. Only the new one is a Xbox exclusive.

All I have ever heard about Dead Rising is that it was a fun but the save system was terrible and most people didn't finish it. Yeah whoever you talked to is dumb for not finishing that game, still one of the best 360 titles

Forza is a racing game and there are plenty of those available for each system. The Dirt series is the best racing game in town, it's on both systems. Forza is the best racing experience out there and tops anything the Gran Turismo series has done

Halo is the most overrated game ever and i personally hate it. Good for you, doesn't change the fact that it revolutionized console first person shooters and is a sales beast

Mass Effect is a space RPG. The ultimate nerd game:). Not seeing the problem here

Gears of War is a great single player game but the multiplayer is awful. Gears multiplayer is where the game really shines. It's a different kind of game and it grew the TPS genre by leaps and bounds.

Most of those games are old and nobody wants to play them anyway. Who cares how old a game is? If it's a good game and worth paying, why not drop $20 bucks and get it out of the bargain bin?

It's just a myth that there aren't that many games for the ps3. Infamous, MLB the Show 09, Killzone 2, Uncharted 2, Demon's Soul's, Ratchet & Clank. All of those are great and compete with anything M$ has put out. And that was just in 09. There are a bunch more coming like God of War 3, MAG, Heavy Rain, etc.

Uncharted, Killzone 2, MGS4, Little Big Planet, Resistance and Infamous are really the only reasons to own a PS3 right now. I'll even give you Ratchet and Clank and Demon's Soul but that current library doesn't impress me enough to say if I had to pick one console over the other it would be the PS3.

I agree it's a great time to be a gamer and will only get better. Responses in bold.

PS3 has Gran Turismo 5, God of War 3, Heavy Rain and a new Final Fantasy coming out and 360 gets Alan Wake, Mass Effect 2, Crack Down 2, Gears of War 3, Splinter Cell Conviction and maybe Project Natal.

Out of that batch, I'm still taking the 360.

The Left 4 Dead games are fun, but they are not for everyone. I got bored with the first one pretty quickly.

Crackdown had some good concepts but the game was not that special. All of the splinter Cell games were available on the PS2. Only the new one is a Xbox exclusive.

All I have ever heard about Dead Rising is that it was a fun but the save system was terrible and most people didn't finish it.

Forza is a racing game and there are plenty of those available for each system. The Dirt series is the best racing game in town, it's on both systems.

Halo is the most overrated game ever and i personally hate it.

Mass Effect is a space RPG. The ultimate nerd game:).

Gears of War is a great single player game but the multiplayer is awful.

Most of those games are old and nobody wants to play them anyway.

I should kill you for even attempting to soil the good name of Mass Effect as anything other then Biowares gift to mankind.

I agree it's a great time to be a gamer and will only get better. Responses in bold.

PS3 has Gran Turismo 5, God of War 3, Heavy Rain and a new Final Fantasy coming out and 360 gets Alan Wake, Mass Effect 2, Crack Down 2, Gears of War 3, Splinter Cell Conviction and maybe Project Natal.

Out of that batch, I'm still taking the 360.

Exclusive titles are not enough reason to buy any one console. If that were the case, then go buy a Wii. It has the most exclusive titles.

Many of the great games are available on both systems.

Since you talked about sales numbers, I guess Hannah Montana is one of the best musical acts out there since she has sold millions of albums.;)

Look, we could aruge about which system is the best all day long and get nowhere. Both of them are great and each one has it's fair share of exclusive titles. It just can't be denied. Ultimately, the best way to go is to own both. That way, you can play your Gears of War and then Uncharted 2.

Then you can have your milk and cookies and Mommy can tuck you in at 9:30.

BTW, you can keep Project Natal and the Sony motion control. I have a wii and motion control is not for me. My son loves it though.

Well, it was a 360 Christmas for my sons this mornin'

Ghostbusters

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Star Wars The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes

X-Men Origins: Wolverine Uncaged

Guitar Hero 5

Sheesh....kids scored 4 more games over the weekend visiting relatives (hope I get the names right):

Assassin's Creed 2

NHL10

Call of Duty: World at War

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Archived