• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Xbox360 or PS3? Help!

mrmiyagii

Xbox 360 vs PS3  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Xbox 360 vs PS3

like I've said and others have said the new ones don't RRoD like the old ones because of the new chip set that they have runs about 1/4 as hot as the old ones, the reason the old ones RRoD as much as they did was because they ran a lot hotter cause the sodder to expand and contract and eventualy breaking thus RRoD.

And if anyone knows about this here it's me, I've gone threw 8 (2 of which were hit by lightning and 1 was my fault) 360's now and when my current one craps out on me I'm going to buy a new 360, I have a brother that's had a new 360 since they came out and it's the only one he's ever had, and I've gone threw 2 in the same time of the old ones.

And when MS sends you a 360 back after you send your RRoD one in they send you the same version, so if you sent a new one in you get a new one back and if you send a old one in you get a old one back and that's why I have gone threw so many

I got a launch one and it has only RRoD'd twice lol

I got a launch one and it has only RRoD'd twice lol

My launch console was one of the 2 to get hit by lightning, and early on MS didn't fix them well and in 2 months I went through 4 xbox 360s(one lasted a whopping 45 minutes) and after I pitched a bitch they gave me a new one not a refurb for once and that one lasted a while then met the same fate as the first and was hit by lightning again, the next one was my fault I moved it with a disc inside and my drive went 2 weeks later and my last one was killed by the last major o.s. update.

And that's how you go through 8 Xbox 360s.

I've had a RROD, one where the GPU just sploded and the screen went black (no RROD), and then one time my USB port just fell out so I sent it back cause it was under warranty.

There's no denying these things are cheap as hell. I love XBL and all the services on my XBox like Netflix, but the hardware itself is a POS.

so when are they going to make a RROD-proof version of the 360?

They already do with the new processors. The fact that the RROD doesn't stop most users from getting another 360, despite the fact that MS fixes the problem should speak volumes of it. The PS3 has had more than it's share of problems and still continues, however, on a smaller scale since it has more varied issues.

I'll get a PS3 eventually. I just don't believe it's worth the price right now. If the Blue-Ray player wasn't a part of the console, it wouldn't have sold half of the number it has. I'm not into the whole disc thing so I don't need a Blue-Ray player which will only make your drive wear out faster due to wear and tear. Even with the original Xbox and PS2 I still never watched movies on them for that reason.

Besides, Sony is losing money hand over fist with the PS3 and is putting all their eggs in the new PSP basket and that's a bad idea. They should be developing more and better games because that's what sells consoles and in turn, accessories.

my 360 just broke a few days ago with less than 2 years of use.. Theres no way im paying $100 for them to fix it and send it back just to break again so soon. I am buying me a PS3 next week.

You don't have to buy a new one if u ot the red lights of death. Xbox gives 3 years for all HD issues.

Ps3 just finally started to turn a profit this year, as for myself I probably will buy a PS3 next year though but my 360 willstat as my primary

Not quite yet. They had misleading or untruthful press releases earlier in the year.

http://mis-asia.com/news/articles/sony-still-losing-money-on-ps3-hardware

...The latest version of the PlayStation 3 manages to further reduce the loss, even with the U.S. price of the console having fallen by US$100 during the past year."According to the firm's research, each PlayStation 3 sold in the US nets the company US$31.27 less than its materials and manufacturing costs. According to a source close to Sony, this translates to a need for SCEA to sell as many as five third party games before it starts to make money on an individual hardware sale. This number is drastically reduced for first party games.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13772_3-10414022-52.html

But now, a new iSuppli report issued Friday suggests that Sony may finally be nearing the break-even point with the PS3. It said that its teardown analysis service estimated that the design cost of the new 120-gigabyte PS3 Slim comes in around $336, while it sells for $299 in the U.S.

That means that while Sony is still losing about $37 per unit--plus somewhat more for marketing, royalties, box contents, and other expenses--it is for the first time closing in on breaking even with the console itself.

I guess I'm just lucky. I just had my first RRoD about 2 weeks ago after having a 360 ever since they first came out.

They're VERY good about getting you another Xbox in 2-3 weeks. I personally, shipped mine through UPS so it would get there faster but you don't have to pay since MS sends you a shipping label via email.

Archived